I suspect some of you may laugh when you first see my new Wordpress blog, considering the amount I have talked about it, the time I have spent working on its design and layout and what I posted last week about transferring my posts from Blogger to Wordpress.
The Blank Canvas:
I thought I would explain the method behind my madness. Being concerned about so many duplicate links created by transferring over all the posts here to the new blog and kind advice from Mihaela Lica (Mig) from Pamil Visions, who is well experienced in Search Engine Optimization techniques, I decided to change tack and start afresh with my new blog. Thanks Mig. Mig also has a very informative free book you can download - The SEO Book of Wordpress BlogsI deleted my installation of Wordpress, as a quick way of ridding it of all the posts I had transferred over, and reinstalled. As I used Fantastico, a free service provided by my host, Hostgator, installation was really quick and simple. Fantastico automates the installation of a whole range of scripts and programs. Take care if you are signing up with a hosting company that includes Fantastico, that its installation is up to date - so that you are not installing old versions of programs.
That explains the lack of posts over at the new blog but why the plain default template you may ask. I had designed a theme that I was mostly happy with and was going to install that. Then I had a brainstorm, which I may very well live to regret.
- Starting from scratch means that I will have to promote the blog all over again, adding social networking widgets, subscription buttons etc. You can join me in learning what I do.
- What a wonderful opportunity to blog about the process of styling the template/theme from scratch, so that anyone who wishes to learn about it can do so. So, the blog you see is Mark 1 of many marks - an unblemished blog perhaps?. Although I will be working with a Wordpress theme, what I will post will, in the main, be relevant to bloggers using any platform - because it will be covering CSS styling in general.
- I will be able to rewrite some of the still relevant and more useful posts from this blog.
So the new blog is a virgin blog, a blank blog, an unblemished blog, a spotless blog. . The blog is in fact a blogspot-less blog. (The Monty Python Parrot Sketch was my favorite). The new blog:
- Has no Google Yahoo, MSN, Alexa, Technorati .... rank. It is rank-less. I suppose that means at least it does not smell badly :-)
- Is not submitted to any social networking sites.
- It has no subscribed readers
- In fact it has no readers at all!
- It resides in no browser favorites or bookmarks.
- Unlike this blog - it has not been Ratified, it is nowhere among the Top Australian Blogs or the Top Australian Women's blogs
- It is award-less, meme-less, post-less, and category-less
- It has had no stumbles, diggs, fames, fuels, bumps, reddits ....
- It has no MyBlogLog, SpicyPage, Bumpzee, del.icious, friends. Poor lonely blog, I feel really sorry for it. (Oh dear, it is a worry when I have feelings for a blogging platform)
So here it is folks - the blog with one post: Sueblimely Blogging . I would be delighted it you would 'christen' it by leaving a comment and helping its journey in life from being a brand new baby blog to an adult (although not always mature) blog. Ya boo sucks to the new google pagerank changes - see what I mean :-)
Any ideas for the blog will be very welcome.
PS - Do you think I should call it Sueblimely Discovering Blogging, Sueblimely Blogging - or something completely different?