Thursday, November 15, 2007

New Blog Update

It is now a week since I launched the new blog on Wordpress but I kind of missed this one, which I had lovingly tended for over a year.

In case you have not found your way to Blogging Sueblimely I will give you an update. I have been visited and listed by Google, Yahoo and Altavista but the latter is the only one to display that blog rather than this one first in a search. Not surprising at all, it is too soon for that. I still have to add the blog to listings with social networking and blog list sites .

Topics being covered by Blogging Sueblimely for the next little while will be:
  • How and why to move to your own domain.
  • Reasons to move to Wordpress on your own domain.
  • How to set up Wordpress
  • Which plugins/widgets are useful for all Wordpress users to add.

Ongoing topics will be the same as this blog. Including:
  • Designing a theme/template. These particular tutorials will not be specific to Wordpress so they would be useful to anyone wanting to learn some basic styling techniques.
  • Social Networking and building personal blog communities.
  • News around the Blogosphere - new sites, blog add ins, blog tools
  • Help tips and advice for bloggers.
  • Aspects of blogging my visitors express an interest in learning.
Come and visit, I would be very pleased to see you there.

5 comments:

Ted said...

Hi there
I am also trying to move (restate) my blogspot blog to my own domain and Wordpress. I will be reading your blog on regular basis.
Thanks
Ted
now at : http://sierracamping.blogspot.com/

Moving to:
www.campingsierra.com

Kilroy_60 said...

I found switching from one blog to another to be too much of a hassle. Good luck with it.

Not sure I'm following...are you going to still maintain this blog or naught?

A topic I'd like to suggest you cover is blog carnivals. The Villagers go...Gonzo! Carnival is number 16 this year in the Gonzo Blog Carnival Series.

One Wacky Mom said...

Sue, beautiful new design. I'm the only one with an old fart design. Soon...soon! You look gorgeous darlin!!!

Sueblimely said...

Good luck with your move ted. I will come along and see how you are getting on.

I will not be maintaining this blog but as I could not divert the url to my new blog I am keeping it in place at least for a while.

Thanks for the kind words Ev

Ryan said...

Hello,

I saw your comment about my oganisation and thought I would stop by your blog to say, the site has changed http://www.whiteorchid.wordpress.com and that I appreciate your comments.

Ryan

Also, I am in Australia also. I noticed your a top 100 aussie blogger.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

New Blog Update

It is now a week since I launched the new blog on Wordpress but I kind of missed this one, which I had lovingly tended for over a year.

In case you have not found your way to Blogging Sueblimely I will give you an update. I have been visited and listed by Google, Yahoo and Altavista but the latter is the only one to display that blog rather than this one first in a search. Not surprising at all, it is too soon for that. I still have to add the blog to listings with social networking and blog list sites .

Topics being covered by Blogging Sueblimely for the next little while will be:
  • How and why to move to your own domain.
  • Reasons to move to Wordpress on your own domain.
  • How to set up Wordpress
  • Which plugins/widgets are useful for all Wordpress users to add.

Ongoing topics will be the same as this blog. Including:
  • Designing a theme/template. These particular tutorials will not be specific to Wordpress so they would be useful to anyone wanting to learn some basic styling techniques.
  • Social Networking and building personal blog communities.
  • News around the Blogosphere - new sites, blog add ins, blog tools
  • Help tips and advice for bloggers.
  • Aspects of blogging my visitors express an interest in learning.
Come and visit, I would be very pleased to see you there.

5 comments:

Ted said...

Hi there
I am also trying to move (restate) my blogspot blog to my own domain and Wordpress. I will be reading your blog on regular basis.
Thanks
Ted
now at : http://sierracamping.blogspot.com/

Moving to:
www.campingsierra.com

Kilroy_60 said...

I found switching from one blog to another to be too much of a hassle. Good luck with it.

Not sure I'm following...are you going to still maintain this blog or naught?

A topic I'd like to suggest you cover is blog carnivals. The Villagers go...Gonzo! Carnival is number 16 this year in the Gonzo Blog Carnival Series.

One Wacky Mom said...

Sue, beautiful new design. I'm the only one with an old fart design. Soon...soon! You look gorgeous darlin!!!

Sueblimely said...

Good luck with your move ted. I will come along and see how you are getting on.

I will not be maintaining this blog but as I could not divert the url to my new blog I am keeping it in place at least for a while.

Thanks for the kind words Ev

Ryan said...

Hello,

I saw your comment about my oganisation and thought I would stop by your blog to say, the site has changed http://www.whiteorchid.wordpress.com and that I appreciate your comments.

Ryan

Also, I am in Australia also. I noticed your a top 100 aussie blogger.