Saturday, October 13, 2007

How to share with Madkast

If you look at the title of this post you will see a little green 'share this' button underneath. This is the Madkast widget. Clicking on it will allow you to save/share the post on 15 of the major link sharing sites (Digg, Delicious, Facebook, Reddit, Technorati...) .

madkast

What makes Madkast stand out from other similar blog utilities is that you can also send the full text of the post via email or MMS text message. Cleverly, Madkast recognizes you wherever you go by saving the email addresses and numbers that you send to.

Installation is simple, either by copying the generated code snippet and pasting it into your template or using a one-click install for Blogger or Typepad.

The origin of Madkast is interesting. It is the first start up company to come out of TechStars; which was founded by a collective of Colorado-based entrepreneurs as a way of promoting entrepreneurial activity. Techstars provides seed funding, facilities, mentoring and promotion for a number of promising potential startups each summer. (Reddit came from a similar program).

You can keep up to date with Madcast news on the Madcast Blog and get your madKast widget here.

tag , alexa

2 comments:

Josh said...

Could not agree more with your assessment. My company is also a TechStars company and if you are looking for a better comment system then I can get you into our closed beta. Just drop me a line at josh at intensedebate dot com if you are interested.

-josh

Sueblimely said...

I had a look at your site when researching for this post, Josh. It does look interesting and I could immediately see the usefulness for a variety of reasons.

Tracking comments is something I find hard to keep up with and subscribing to comments by email can flood my inbox. After I while you can forget what the original post was about. I need a method to keep up with any answers to my own comments too.

Blogspot commenting system is not the greatest and I stopped using Haloscan because older comments are lost.

I have tried commenting systems where the comments are separate from the blogs own comments - not satisfactory in my view.

Being able to track particular users would be so handy.

So yes I am definitely interested in trying out your system.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

How to share with Madkast

If you look at the title of this post you will see a little green 'share this' button underneath. This is the Madkast widget. Clicking on it will allow you to save/share the post on 15 of the major link sharing sites (Digg, Delicious, Facebook, Reddit, Technorati...) .

madkast

What makes Madkast stand out from other similar blog utilities is that you can also send the full text of the post via email or MMS text message. Cleverly, Madkast recognizes you wherever you go by saving the email addresses and numbers that you send to.

Installation is simple, either by copying the generated code snippet and pasting it into your template or using a one-click install for Blogger or Typepad.

The origin of Madkast is interesting. It is the first start up company to come out of TechStars; which was founded by a collective of Colorado-based entrepreneurs as a way of promoting entrepreneurial activity. Techstars provides seed funding, facilities, mentoring and promotion for a number of promising potential startups each summer. (Reddit came from a similar program).

You can keep up to date with Madcast news on the Madcast Blog and get your madKast widget here.

tag , alexa

2 comments:

Josh said...

Could not agree more with your assessment. My company is also a TechStars company and if you are looking for a better comment system then I can get you into our closed beta. Just drop me a line at josh at intensedebate dot com if you are interested.

-josh

Sueblimely said...

I had a look at your site when researching for this post, Josh. It does look interesting and I could immediately see the usefulness for a variety of reasons.

Tracking comments is something I find hard to keep up with and subscribing to comments by email can flood my inbox. After I while you can forget what the original post was about. I need a method to keep up with any answers to my own comments too.

Blogspot commenting system is not the greatest and I stopped using Haloscan because older comments are lost.

I have tried commenting systems where the comments are separate from the blogs own comments - not satisfactory in my view.

Being able to track particular users would be so handy.

So yes I am definitely interested in trying out your system.