Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Flock - THE Social Networking browser

Flock Browser


As I mentioned yesterday I have discovered another time saving and organization tool ideal for bloggers and this is a doozy. It was enough to set this blogger's heart all a quiver. The application responsible, the Flock browser, is not new but it's newly released version has surpassed itself in my expectations. with its new social networking and blogging features.

I have been using Flock, almost since its inception, as a secondary browser, often having it and Firefox open at the same time. Flock is built on top of the Firefox application and the only reason I used it as second choice was that Firefox was all set up with my favorite extensions and I did not spend the time adding them to Flock.

I am now making Flock my preferred browser as it is ideally suited to managing and organizing blogging, social networking, bookmarking, researching and online photos. Come to think of it, that is basically all of my online life. I do not even have to add many extensions because so many features are built in already.
I could write a really long post about all the features but as it is has so much in common with Firefox I will stick to the areas I think are valuable to bloggers. Some are new, others have always been there:

Flock People



People Sidebar- shows your contacts and allows you to interact with them according to the application - eg message, send link, add a wall post, twitter, go to their profiles, view their favorite YouTube videos in the Flock media bar.

These features really do save time as well as keeping you up to date and reducing the need for multiple
tools/extensions.

MyWorld toolbar button opens up a three-columned page showing your Favorite Sites, Favorite Feeds, and Favorite Media.

Blog directly from Flock's blog editor as I am doing now.

Web clips - drag a URL or image onto the clipboard, where it gets saved and blog about it with one click.

Upload Photos directly to Flickr, Photobucket or Piczo by dragging and dropping - I have used this for quite a while now. So quick.

Star - Click on the Star button when you see a photo, video, page you like, to easily find it afterwards.

Del.icio.us - view your browser favorites and del.icio.us favorites in one sidebar - much speedier than the Firefox extensions I have used to do this.

Feed reader - inbuilt

I love this application and after almost 20 years of online life it takes a lot to impress me so much.


tag , alexa

3 comments:

Colin said...

Hi Sue,

Congratulations you have been awarded the Community Blogger Award.

Please
Pick your award up here


Have a great week :)

Kuanyin said...

Mahalo for the great suggestion. I'll check Flock out!

Deborah said...

Great info Sue, thanks. I'm going to check into having my webmaster add this.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Flock - THE Social Networking browser

Flock Browser


As I mentioned yesterday I have discovered another time saving and organization tool ideal for bloggers and this is a doozy. It was enough to set this blogger's heart all a quiver. The application responsible, the Flock browser, is not new but it's newly released version has surpassed itself in my expectations. with its new social networking and blogging features.

I have been using Flock, almost since its inception, as a secondary browser, often having it and Firefox open at the same time. Flock is built on top of the Firefox application and the only reason I used it as second choice was that Firefox was all set up with my favorite extensions and I did not spend the time adding them to Flock.

I am now making Flock my preferred browser as it is ideally suited to managing and organizing blogging, social networking, bookmarking, researching and online photos. Come to think of it, that is basically all of my online life. I do not even have to add many extensions because so many features are built in already.
I could write a really long post about all the features but as it is has so much in common with Firefox I will stick to the areas I think are valuable to bloggers. Some are new, others have always been there:

Flock People



People Sidebar- shows your contacts and allows you to interact with them according to the application - eg message, send link, add a wall post, twitter, go to their profiles, view their favorite YouTube videos in the Flock media bar.

These features really do save time as well as keeping you up to date and reducing the need for multiple
tools/extensions.

MyWorld toolbar button opens up a three-columned page showing your Favorite Sites, Favorite Feeds, and Favorite Media.

Blog directly from Flock's blog editor as I am doing now.

Web clips - drag a URL or image onto the clipboard, where it gets saved and blog about it with one click.

Upload Photos directly to Flickr, Photobucket or Piczo by dragging and dropping - I have used this for quite a while now. So quick.

Star - Click on the Star button when you see a photo, video, page you like, to easily find it afterwards.

Del.icio.us - view your browser favorites and del.icio.us favorites in one sidebar - much speedier than the Firefox extensions I have used to do this.

Feed reader - inbuilt

I love this application and after almost 20 years of online life it takes a lot to impress me so much.


tag , alexa

3 comments:

Colin said...

Hi Sue,

Congratulations you have been awarded the Community Blogger Award.

Please
Pick your award up here


Have a great week :)

Kuanyin said...

Mahalo for the great suggestion. I'll check Flock out!

Deborah said...

Great info Sue, thanks. I'm going to check into having my webmaster add this.