- Write a post about Breast Cancer Awareness Month, or breast cancer itself with a link to a breast cancer site of your choice.
- Include the image below in your post (or elsewhere on your site for the rest of October)
- Link to a site that provides information about Breast Cancer
- Encourage other bloggers to take part
- Let me know you have participated by replying to this post as I am creating a list of blogs supporting the cause.
At The Breast Cancer Site A daily click on the "Click Here to Give" button leads to display ads from the site sponsors. 100% of the money from these advertisers goes to their charity partners, who fund programs to provide mammograms to women in need. Visitors to the site can help more by shopping in The Breast Cancer Site store.The Blogger Boobie-Thon is an annual event run the first week of October, which is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Bloggers from all over the globe send in photos of their boobies (covered and uncovered) to help raise money for Breast Cancer Research. This is the sixth year for the Boobie-Thon and their goal is to break the $10,000.00 mark. It is too late to enter the competition but you could still donate!
Some fundraising ideas from Cancer Research UK:
- Organise your own pink tie event
- Have a pink day at school – pink fancy dress and decorations all round
- Hold a themed pink raffle or auction at work with pink goodies
- Host a pink slumber party for your friends at home
- Dye your hair pink
- Do a sponsored silence whilst sitting in a bath of pink candy floss!
5 Minutes for Mom is holding a draw for a pink Casio digital camera. Casio is also showing support of the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF). The drawing is Friday the 26th!
Subscribe to iMommies for a chance to win an iPod.
Information on Breast Cancer: