Thursday, October 11, 2007

Blog for Breast Cancer Awareness Month

As you can see from the sudden pinkness of this site, I decided to promote October's Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I am sure virtually all of you will know of someone affected by breast cancer and realise what a worthy cause this is. If you would like to join me in blogging for Breast Cancer Awareness Month :
  • Write a post about Breast Cancer Awareness Month, or breast cancer itself with a link to a breast cancer site of your choice.

  • Include the image below in your post (or elsewhere on your site for the rest of October)

breast cancer site

  • Link to a site that provides information about Breast Cancer

  • Encourage other bloggers to take part

  • Let me know you have participated by replying to this post as I am creating a list of blogs supporting the cause.
Other ways to help :

Donate to American Cancer Society, National Breast Cancer Foundation (Australia) Breast Cancer Care (UK)

At The Breast Cancer Site A daily click on the "Click Here to Give" button leads to display ads from the site sponsors. 100% of the money from these advertisers goes to their charity partners, who fund programs to provide mammograms to women in need. Visitors to the site can help more by shopping in The Breast Cancer Site store.

The Blogger Boobie-Thon is an annual event run the first week of October, which is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Bloggers from all over the globe send in photos of their boobies (covered and uncovered) to help raise money for Breast Cancer Research. This is the sixth year for the Boobie-Thon and their goal is to break the $10,000.00 mark. It is too late to enter the competition but you could still donate!

Some fundraising ideas from Cancer Research UK:

  • Organise your own pink tie event

  • Have a pink day at school – pink fancy dress and decorations all round

  • Hold a themed pink raffle or auction at work with pink goodies

  • Host a pink slumber party for your friends at home

  • Dye your hair pink

  • Do a sponsored silence whilst sitting in a bath of pink candy floss!

camera5 Minutes for Mom is holding a draw for a pink Casio digital camera. Casio is also showing support of the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF). The drawing is Friday the 26th!




Subscribe to iMommies for a chance to win an iPod.


Update:
Information on Breast Cancer:
tag , alexa

9 comments:

Saboma said...

Sue, thanks for the prodding. I had a post on Inflammatory Breast Cancer so I was reluctant to do one for October. You can see both posts here. The initial post today is a repost from last year.

Kim said...

you blog looks very pretty in pink Sue...
I have put a link to the daily click at the Breast Cancer site..on my laketrees blog.....it's under my teddy bear at the bottom of the page.....

captain lifecruiser said...

Such a good cause! i did this last year and really loved it.

BHOOOOO!

Blog warming party Friday 12th of Otober.

Every one is welcome to see my new look..... if they dare....

*ghost giggles*

Mihaela Lica said...

Well, at least this is a good purpose for pink. I was contemplating blogging about this at eWrtings and I will certainly do it tomorrow.
It's interesting how much blogging for a cause happens these days. It almost feels like a trend. But it is a good trend.
A very good trend indeed.
I'll show you the way to a very nice blog discussing breast cancer: http://discussingbreastcancer.com/

Sandy Carlson said...

Thanks, Sue. Now I know where all the pink is coming from. You're my blogging Oracle! I'll be back on this one. So many stories to choose from....God bless.

Kuanyin said...

Love the color...your blog looks very pretty! With that said, I'm very much opposed to the way Breast Cancer is dealt with in the USA, and it's been shown mammograms are harmful to your health. There are other methods to use which aren't.

Sueblimely said...

Thanks to everyone for participating and for the extra sites you have pointed me to by doing so.
I think it is a good trend for blogging Mihaela. Not only does it promote the particular cause but I find it helps bloggers to mingle a bit more.
Cap'n - I was blown away by your new blog design - you are most definitely in haloween mode.
Interesting what you said about mammograms, Kuanyin but makes sense considering they are after all X rays. Do you know of any sites that talk about the good alternatives?

Ann said...

It was quite useful reading, found some interesting details about this topic. Thanks.

Sandy Carlson said...

Hi, Sue.

I did this and posted it here:

http://slcwritinginfaith.blogspot.com/2007/10/awakening-all-we-can-do-is-love-one.html

I'll have it on my home page tomorrow. Thanks for making me aware of this via your excellent blog.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Blog for Breast Cancer Awareness Month

As you can see from the sudden pinkness of this site, I decided to promote October's Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I am sure virtually all of you will know of someone affected by breast cancer and realise what a worthy cause this is. If you would like to join me in blogging for Breast Cancer Awareness Month :
  • Write a post about Breast Cancer Awareness Month, or breast cancer itself with a link to a breast cancer site of your choice.

  • Include the image below in your post (or elsewhere on your site for the rest of October)

breast cancer site

  • Link to a site that provides information about Breast Cancer

  • Encourage other bloggers to take part

  • Let me know you have participated by replying to this post as I am creating a list of blogs supporting the cause.
Other ways to help :

Donate to American Cancer Society, National Breast Cancer Foundation (Australia) Breast Cancer Care (UK)

At The Breast Cancer Site A daily click on the "Click Here to Give" button leads to display ads from the site sponsors. 100% of the money from these advertisers goes to their charity partners, who fund programs to provide mammograms to women in need. Visitors to the site can help more by shopping in The Breast Cancer Site store.

The Blogger Boobie-Thon is an annual event run the first week of October, which is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Bloggers from all over the globe send in photos of their boobies (covered and uncovered) to help raise money for Breast Cancer Research. This is the sixth year for the Boobie-Thon and their goal is to break the $10,000.00 mark. It is too late to enter the competition but you could still donate!

Some fundraising ideas from Cancer Research UK:

  • Organise your own pink tie event

  • Have a pink day at school – pink fancy dress and decorations all round

  • Hold a themed pink raffle or auction at work with pink goodies

  • Host a pink slumber party for your friends at home

  • Dye your hair pink

  • Do a sponsored silence whilst sitting in a bath of pink candy floss!

camera5 Minutes for Mom is holding a draw for a pink Casio digital camera. Casio is also showing support of the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF). The drawing is Friday the 26th!




Subscribe to iMommies for a chance to win an iPod.


Update:
Information on Breast Cancer:
tag , alexa

9 comments:

Saboma said...

Sue, thanks for the prodding. I had a post on Inflammatory Breast Cancer so I was reluctant to do one for October. You can see both posts here. The initial post today is a repost from last year.

Kim said...

you blog looks very pretty in pink Sue...
I have put a link to the daily click at the Breast Cancer site..on my laketrees blog.....it's under my teddy bear at the bottom of the page.....

captain lifecruiser said...

Such a good cause! i did this last year and really loved it.

BHOOOOO!

Blog warming party Friday 12th of Otober.

Every one is welcome to see my new look..... if they dare....

*ghost giggles*

Mihaela Lica said...

Well, at least this is a good purpose for pink. I was contemplating blogging about this at eWrtings and I will certainly do it tomorrow.
It's interesting how much blogging for a cause happens these days. It almost feels like a trend. But it is a good trend.
A very good trend indeed.
I'll show you the way to a very nice blog discussing breast cancer: http://discussingbreastcancer.com/

Sandy Carlson said...

Thanks, Sue. Now I know where all the pink is coming from. You're my blogging Oracle! I'll be back on this one. So many stories to choose from....God bless.

Kuanyin said...

Love the color...your blog looks very pretty! With that said, I'm very much opposed to the way Breast Cancer is dealt with in the USA, and it's been shown mammograms are harmful to your health. There are other methods to use which aren't.

Sueblimely said...

Thanks to everyone for participating and for the extra sites you have pointed me to by doing so.
I think it is a good trend for blogging Mihaela. Not only does it promote the particular cause but I find it helps bloggers to mingle a bit more.
Cap'n - I was blown away by your new blog design - you are most definitely in haloween mode.
Interesting what you said about mammograms, Kuanyin but makes sense considering they are after all X rays. Do you know of any sites that talk about the good alternatives?

Ann said...

It was quite useful reading, found some interesting details about this topic. Thanks.

Sandy Carlson said...

Hi, Sue.

I did this and posted it here:

http://slcwritinginfaith.blogspot.com/2007/10/awakening-all-we-can-do-is-love-one.html

I'll have it on my home page tomorrow. Thanks for making me aware of this via your excellent blog.