- 8hands lets you access your Facebook, Flickr, YouTube, MySpace, and Twitter accounts from your desktop.
- Notification is given of new comments, messages, friend notifications and new videos. You are alerted to these with a pop up message.
- Notifications are also viewable from friends avatars in the 8hands window. Clicking on messages takes you to the messenger's profile.
- An archive of messages is also provided, which is handy if you have not logged in for a while, but I do find this slow to load.
- You are able to chat with your 8hands friends and share Flickr images and YouTube videos.
I have not had to trawl through emails for notifications but have relied on 8hands instead. I only visit the sites when I know there is some action that I want to take.
* The reason it has only saved me time in some respects is that once on the sites I tend to get sidetracked from tasks at hand - such a writing blog posts and work. I find Facebook to be particularly addictive! Do any of you feel the same way or are are there other social networking sites that have this affect on you?