Saturday, September 08, 2007

Stalk Sphinn for SEO tips


Sphinn is a social news & networking site for the search engine industry - “where people can meet, talk, discuss and network”.Even if your blog does not cover this topic it is useful to keep up with news and articles on how to promote your site, social network and gain rank with the lovely Google. (I think it advisable to suck up to Google -pretty please, Google, could I have a page rank of at least 4).

Each social networking site tends to have its own distinct language. You bump on Bumpzee, Digg on Digg, Add as a Contact on MyBlogLog., Fame on Blogging to Fame. On Sphinn you STALK and those who favor you are your stalkers. Once you have pressed the Sphinn button to express your admiration for a post you have Sphunn it. These are the main categories covered by Sphinn.

  • Google

  • Yahoo

  • Microsoft

  • Search Marketing

  • Social Media

  • Online Marketing

  • Searching

I found some interesting reading on there with Facebook being a current 'Hot Topic' I never thought I would see the day when I would say "I am a stalker" - then life is full of unexpected twists and turns. I am a stalker. I found a few interesting people to stalk and no doubt there will be many more, when this becomes better known, but like all these social networking sites, it is time consuming.

A good way of saving time in finding interesting submitted content on these sort of sites is to find a prominent blogger in your area of interest and see who they have added as contacts and what posts they have favored. I found the following people whose content always interests me:


For a less frivolous and more indepth looks at Sphinn (I only did this post as the logo fits so nicely in with my theme colors), cruise over to the following: (I am learning the swabee lingo Lifecruiser)

  • Andy Beard gives one of his usual honest and pragmatic appraisals of Sphinn on Sphinn - SEM Attention Wars where he says: "Sphinn now exists, and will likely capture the attention of a large proportion of the SEM / SEO community, because ultimately most people involved in SEO / SEM in one way or another are attention and link whores."

  • SEOmoz provides 10 reasons why SEO professionals should join and contribute to Sphinn. Number 10 caught my attention :#10 - You Can "Stalk" Your Friends

  • Dosh Dosh has an excellent article here Sphinn Launches: A New Social Voting Community for Search Marketers

  • Sphinn Tools

  • My own sphinned posts - I have concentrated stalking the items that will help you learn more about Sphinn.




tag , alexa

3 comments:

RennyBA said...

A well written and very interesting post Sue. Since it was you, who recommended it, I gave it a try and registered on Sphinn. As you say it is very time consuming, but as a network evangelist, I couldn't resist. Curious to know what comes out of it of course.

Sueblimely said...

Thank you Renny. I am going to go and stalk you now :-). There are some well respected bloggers on there although maybe they too are checking it out as we are. As Andy Beard says says PlugIM and Bumpzee do cover the SEO community quite well already.

Seo Link Master said...

Your blog is very nice... i like your blog ....

Website design India, web design india

web design New york city

I will be available in online for link exchange from 9am to 7pm (IST)
For my chatting id: gmail: fastlinkmaster@gmail.com
Skype: ananthakumar007

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Stalk Sphinn for SEO tips


Sphinn is a social news & networking site for the search engine industry - “where people can meet, talk, discuss and network”.Even if your blog does not cover this topic it is useful to keep up with news and articles on how to promote your site, social network and gain rank with the lovely Google. (I think it advisable to suck up to Google -pretty please, Google, could I have a page rank of at least 4).

Each social networking site tends to have its own distinct language. You bump on Bumpzee, Digg on Digg, Add as a Contact on MyBlogLog., Fame on Blogging to Fame. On Sphinn you STALK and those who favor you are your stalkers. Once you have pressed the Sphinn button to express your admiration for a post you have Sphunn it. These are the main categories covered by Sphinn.

  • Google

  • Yahoo

  • Microsoft

  • Search Marketing

  • Social Media

  • Online Marketing

  • Searching

I found some interesting reading on there with Facebook being a current 'Hot Topic' I never thought I would see the day when I would say "I am a stalker" - then life is full of unexpected twists and turns. I am a stalker. I found a few interesting people to stalk and no doubt there will be many more, when this becomes better known, but like all these social networking sites, it is time consuming.

A good way of saving time in finding interesting submitted content on these sort of sites is to find a prominent blogger in your area of interest and see who they have added as contacts and what posts they have favored. I found the following people whose content always interests me:


For a less frivolous and more indepth looks at Sphinn (I only did this post as the logo fits so nicely in with my theme colors), cruise over to the following: (I am learning the swabee lingo Lifecruiser)

  • Andy Beard gives one of his usual honest and pragmatic appraisals of Sphinn on Sphinn - SEM Attention Wars where he says: "Sphinn now exists, and will likely capture the attention of a large proportion of the SEM / SEO community, because ultimately most people involved in SEO / SEM in one way or another are attention and link whores."

  • SEOmoz provides 10 reasons why SEO professionals should join and contribute to Sphinn. Number 10 caught my attention :#10 - You Can "Stalk" Your Friends

  • Dosh Dosh has an excellent article here Sphinn Launches: A New Social Voting Community for Search Marketers

  • Sphinn Tools

  • My own sphinned posts - I have concentrated stalking the items that will help you learn more about Sphinn.




tag , alexa

3 comments:

RennyBA said...

A well written and very interesting post Sue. Since it was you, who recommended it, I gave it a try and registered on Sphinn. As you say it is very time consuming, but as a network evangelist, I couldn't resist. Curious to know what comes out of it of course.

Sueblimely said...

Thank you Renny. I am going to go and stalk you now :-). There are some well respected bloggers on there although maybe they too are checking it out as we are. As Andy Beard says says PlugIM and Bumpzee do cover the SEO community quite well already.

Seo Link Master said...

Your blog is very nice... i like your blog ....

Website design India, web design india

web design New york city

I will be available in online for link exchange from 9am to 7pm (IST)
For my chatting id: gmail: fastlinkmaster@gmail.com
Skype: ananthakumar007