Saturday, October 06, 2007

MEME - 5 Favorite Posts

Ugyen of Ugyen.com has kindly tagged me for this:

MEME

I think this is a very practical idea. Our older posts can get lost amongst the dim dark recesses of our blog archives. It is good to dust off some favorites now and again, giving them a bit of a clean up if necessary, and present them all squeaky clean again. I am not talking about reposting them word for word - you may confuse those hardworking, tireless souls that trawl our blogs for fresh content (eg Googlebot) by duplicating posts. You could bring them back in a different form with added content if you think your readers may find the post useful.

The simplest way to give them recognition again is to just link to them in posts that cover the same topic. Now back to the meme:

The concept of this meme is simple, all you have to do is to list 5 personal favorites from your blog posts.

Here are mine - (I looked at some of my really early posts and they were dreadful):

  1. Why use Wordpress? 34 Reasons

  2. Blogging Stress - Less networking, Better Networking

  3. Betiquette

  4. Google Search Tools

  5. SSS 11 - Laughter is the best medicine
I am breaking the rules again and not passing this on to anyone in particular. Instead I would like to invite all of you to take part if you wish. Not only will you be introducing your own readers to your quality content that may have been missed but you will be giving me a really good excuse to do some reading for leisure and pleasure rather than reading to keep up with blogging news :-) Please let me know if you have taken part.


tag , alexa

3 comments:

Professional Website Design said...

its not often we find people who understand these issues and feel as passionately about them as you. Thank you. From

your friends at Unix Commerce Web Design

Kim said...

your wordpress post started me thinking about a blog with them...and finally I have one up and running....very simple and a showcase for my art.....I quite enjoyed looking for a template and as a result have changed my 2 blogger blogs to fit in with the new look.....

Sueblimely said...

It looks great Kim. You have have done a good job of matching your blogger templates with the wordpress one too - that can be tricky.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

MEME - 5 Favorite Posts

Ugyen of Ugyen.com has kindly tagged me for this:

MEME

I think this is a very practical idea. Our older posts can get lost amongst the dim dark recesses of our blog archives. It is good to dust off some favorites now and again, giving them a bit of a clean up if necessary, and present them all squeaky clean again. I am not talking about reposting them word for word - you may confuse those hardworking, tireless souls that trawl our blogs for fresh content (eg Googlebot) by duplicating posts. You could bring them back in a different form with added content if you think your readers may find the post useful.

The simplest way to give them recognition again is to just link to them in posts that cover the same topic. Now back to the meme:

The concept of this meme is simple, all you have to do is to list 5 personal favorites from your blog posts.

Here are mine - (I looked at some of my really early posts and they were dreadful):

  1. Why use Wordpress? 34 Reasons

  2. Blogging Stress - Less networking, Better Networking

  3. Betiquette

  4. Google Search Tools

  5. SSS 11 - Laughter is the best medicine
I am breaking the rules again and not passing this on to anyone in particular. Instead I would like to invite all of you to take part if you wish. Not only will you be introducing your own readers to your quality content that may have been missed but you will be giving me a really good excuse to do some reading for leisure and pleasure rather than reading to keep up with blogging news :-) Please let me know if you have taken part.


tag , alexa

3 comments:

Professional Website Design said...

its not often we find people who understand these issues and feel as passionately about them as you. Thank you. From

your friends at Unix Commerce Web Design

Kim said...

your wordpress post started me thinking about a blog with them...and finally I have one up and running....very simple and a showcase for my art.....I quite enjoyed looking for a template and as a result have changed my 2 blogger blogs to fit in with the new look.....

Sueblimely said...

It looks great Kim. You have have done a good job of matching your blogger templates with the wordpress one too - that can be tricky.