Saturday, September 08, 2007

Featured Widget - Digg

This weeks widget comes from from Digg. As you can see, from the image below, the widget is configurable. I have chosen to show posts dugg by my digg friends but you can also choose posts by subject, digg member or website. If you choose a particular user, you then have the option to display news that they have either dugg, commented on, submitted or their most popular. The display is customizable by choosing from one of 5 templates or choosing your own custom colors. You are able to specify a height and width, whether to show digg count or not and you can display titles only or a title with description.


digg post widget


I chose to customize my widget to match my blog colors; using Color Cop to pick out the colors I wanted. This gave me the color numbers to enter into the widget's template color customization fields. (There is a clear tutorial on how to use the color cop tool on the Color Cop website.)



tag alexa

2 comments:

Widgets-Blog said...

Pretty darn cool! The drop down menus really make this easy to implement. Good job!

Sueblimely said...

Sorry I did not reply earlier - how rude of me. It is easy to implement and the options flexible. Thanks for dropping by.

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Featured Widget - Digg

This weeks widget comes from from Digg. As you can see, from the image below, the widget is configurable. I have chosen to show posts dugg by my digg friends but you can also choose posts by subject, digg member or website. If you choose a particular user, you then have the option to display news that they have either dugg, commented on, submitted or their most popular. The display is customizable by choosing from one of 5 templates or choosing your own custom colors. You are able to specify a height and width, whether to show digg count or not and you can display titles only or a title with description.


digg post widget


I chose to customize my widget to match my blog colors; using Color Cop to pick out the colors I wanted. This gave me the color numbers to enter into the widget's template color customization fields. (There is a clear tutorial on how to use the color cop tool on the Color Cop website.)



tag alexa

2 comments:

Widgets-Blog said...

Pretty darn cool! The drop down menus really make this easy to implement. Good job!

Sueblimely said...

Sorry I did not reply earlier - how rude of me. It is easy to implement and the options flexible. Thanks for dropping by.