I can hear you groaning now as you think that there is enough to do, peripheral to your actual blogging, without adding another element to your work load. Do not dismiss the idea out of hand though, remember moderation is the key. If you take time out to work out which blogging promotion tools and resources are the most useful to you and ditch the rest, then adding a forum or two to your 'to do' list will not be quite so bad.
You may have noticed that I have been going through a culling process myself; my sidebar is shorter and the page is loading faster.
Why use Forums?Participating in forums is a valuable means of getting you and your blog known as well as a great source of information, tips and help; whatever your blog topic.
Promoting yourself and your blog:
- Show your site off - there are often sub forum topics specifically for posting your site details.
- Find people interested in your blog topic.
- Answer and post forum questions, show your expertise and get yourself known.
- Participate in link exchanges
- Develop contacts
- Ask for reviews and feedback on your blog
- Get advice, tips and information
- Find templates and template Help
- Find scripts, blog add-ins and coding help
- Tutorials - offered by some forums
- Ask questions and/or find answers.
- Learn about the latest news applicable to your topic
- Learn about making money online and blog marketing.
- Making friends and participating in general chat for leisure purposesm
- Learn about video blogging and podcasting.
Forums related to BloggingHere is a list of just some of the blogging forums I have come across myself or had recommended to me:
General Blogging Topics
More specific blogging topics
Interest groups - A small sample
There are a multitude of forums out there so it is a matter of having a look round and working out which ones would be the more valuable for you and your blog. Most forums allow you to read posts without registering but usually require you to register to post. You can have a look round before you decide whether or not to join up. You could also ask other blogging friends what they use or look for lists of recommendations similar to the list above.
Please let me know if you know of any forums that you find useful or interesting as I am planning to compile a directory listing.