Monday, August 20, 2007

SSS 11 - How Blogging mirrors real life

I have spent a lot of time this week pondering the direction in which I want my blog to go but I will talk of this some other day. As it is "Sueblimely Silly Sunday" time again I will instead let you have a peek into the less serious side of these thoughts. If I don't keep my mind focused it tends to wander off in all sorts of wild and wonderful and absolutely silly directions. Do I hear you saying 'keep taking the tablets dear"?

The main focus of my more deep and meaningful thoughts was the social psychological aspects of blogging and the need it fills in today's society. I will bore you with all this in the near future, when I have had time to do more research - to make sure I am not talking a lot of bull. It is over 20 years since I formally studied the Social Sciences and although my interest in the subject has not waned I tend to get my Durkheims and Mazlo's confused. Weber has become just a type of BBQ and Wertheimer a vacuum cleaner. (I did not think a little name dropping would go astray here)

Here is a lighter look at how blogging mirrors real life.


Blogging (B) versus a business meeting (BM):


BM - This is an important issue and I am going to try my hardest to contribute; to help achieve the best outcome.
B - I am going to make an effort to leave a well thought out comment on this post and make a valuable contribution.

BM - I must get my word in here to show that I know my subject/have done enough preparation.
B - I need to leave a comment here just so that readers may come visit my blog.

BM - I want a chance of that promotion - work will be much more satisfying /I really need the extra cash. I will make a real effort to contribute to get noticed.
B - I will work hard and comment on as many blogs as I can to the best of my ability.

BM - I have a real need to be heard, my opinions just must be aired. I will end up trying to dominate the meeting as usual.
B - My ego is even bigger than my space, other ego, me.com and facebook combined. I will give my opinion anywhere and everywhere I can.

BM - I have strong ambitions to succeed - work is my life/money is my motivator. I will agree with anyone in this meeting who can help me reach my goals. I don't care how brown my nose gets.
B -I want to be on the 'A' List. John Chow is my hero. I will comment profusely after much thought but only on blogs that will help me reach my goal / I call it 'social' networking but a blogger is really just an affiliate in the making. I had better work out which bloggers have the best potential downline.

BM - not another b... meeting - I suppose I had better say something, the less the better.
B - Comment - "Nice post"

BM - I want to succeed but am not sure how to go about it/ I can't be bothered to make the effort required. I will say as little as possible.
B - Comment - "Nice post - visit my blog at www...."

BM - I will do anything and say anything that will help me succeed (however obvious and unethical it appears to others).
B - Spam is my friend. I will leave the same comment on as many blogs as I have the time to visit. Better still I will use a spambot.


Please tune in for more silliness next week. I have lots to say and, think my intelligent contributions to the blogging world of great value. (please don't laugh so loudly at that, I heard you from here and my ego is fragile!). I need the readers (boy do I need the readers), my adsense account balance won't buy me a sip of water let alone a coffee or a beer. My bank manager wishes my surname was Chow or even Cow.

Coming up next in this series of posts -

101 sure fire ways to bring readers to your blog

When I say 'next' that may not mean next week as I have only made up 12 ways as yet.



tag , , alexablogging to fame

6 comments:

Sir James Beiggelschwarz said...

I wait with baited breath.

Sueblimely said...

Good evening your lordship. You honor me with your visit to my blog. I hope you manage to catch some supper while waiting.

Piping Girl said...

nice post, looking forward to your future thoughts on this subject

Sueblimely said...

Thanks piping girl. I intend to do a more serious comparison of blogging versus real life communications too.

aka R'acquel said...

Some of those were really funny - especially the ones relating to blog-pimping. *lol*

All the best for a smooth transition over to wordpress ;)

Sueblimely said...

Thanks r'acquel - it is good to know someone appreciates my humor - which I know can be a bit whacky.

Monday, August 20, 2007

SSS 11 - How Blogging mirrors real life

I have spent a lot of time this week pondering the direction in which I want my blog to go but I will talk of this some other day. As it is "Sueblimely Silly Sunday" time again I will instead let you have a peek into the less serious side of these thoughts. If I don't keep my mind focused it tends to wander off in all sorts of wild and wonderful and absolutely silly directions. Do I hear you saying 'keep taking the tablets dear"?

The main focus of my more deep and meaningful thoughts was the social psychological aspects of blogging and the need it fills in today's society. I will bore you with all this in the near future, when I have had time to do more research - to make sure I am not talking a lot of bull. It is over 20 years since I formally studied the Social Sciences and although my interest in the subject has not waned I tend to get my Durkheims and Mazlo's confused. Weber has become just a type of BBQ and Wertheimer a vacuum cleaner. (I did not think a little name dropping would go astray here)

Here is a lighter look at how blogging mirrors real life.


Blogging (B) versus a business meeting (BM):


BM - This is an important issue and I am going to try my hardest to contribute; to help achieve the best outcome.
B - I am going to make an effort to leave a well thought out comment on this post and make a valuable contribution.

BM - I must get my word in here to show that I know my subject/have done enough preparation.
B - I need to leave a comment here just so that readers may come visit my blog.

BM - I want a chance of that promotion - work will be much more satisfying /I really need the extra cash. I will make a real effort to contribute to get noticed.
B - I will work hard and comment on as many blogs as I can to the best of my ability.

BM - I have a real need to be heard, my opinions just must be aired. I will end up trying to dominate the meeting as usual.
B - My ego is even bigger than my space, other ego, me.com and facebook combined. I will give my opinion anywhere and everywhere I can.

BM - I have strong ambitions to succeed - work is my life/money is my motivator. I will agree with anyone in this meeting who can help me reach my goals. I don't care how brown my nose gets.
B -I want to be on the 'A' List. John Chow is my hero. I will comment profusely after much thought but only on blogs that will help me reach my goal / I call it 'social' networking but a blogger is really just an affiliate in the making. I had better work out which bloggers have the best potential downline.

BM - not another b... meeting - I suppose I had better say something, the less the better.
B - Comment - "Nice post"

BM - I want to succeed but am not sure how to go about it/ I can't be bothered to make the effort required. I will say as little as possible.
B - Comment - "Nice post - visit my blog at www...."

BM - I will do anything and say anything that will help me succeed (however obvious and unethical it appears to others).
B - Spam is my friend. I will leave the same comment on as many blogs as I have the time to visit. Better still I will use a spambot.


Please tune in for more silliness next week. I have lots to say and, think my intelligent contributions to the blogging world of great value. (please don't laugh so loudly at that, I heard you from here and my ego is fragile!). I need the readers (boy do I need the readers), my adsense account balance won't buy me a sip of water let alone a coffee or a beer. My bank manager wishes my surname was Chow or even Cow.

Coming up next in this series of posts -

101 sure fire ways to bring readers to your blog

When I say 'next' that may not mean next week as I have only made up 12 ways as yet.



tag , , alexablogging to fame

6 comments:

Sir James Beiggelschwarz said...

I wait with baited breath.

Sueblimely said...

Good evening your lordship. You honor me with your visit to my blog. I hope you manage to catch some supper while waiting.

Piping Girl said...

nice post, looking forward to your future thoughts on this subject

Sueblimely said...

Thanks piping girl. I intend to do a more serious comparison of blogging versus real life communications too.

aka R'acquel said...

Some of those were really funny - especially the ones relating to blog-pimping. *lol*

All the best for a smooth transition over to wordpress ;)

Sueblimely said...

Thanks r'acquel - it is good to know someone appreciates my humor - which I know can be a bit whacky.