Sunday, August 05, 2007

SSS 10

My blogosphere wanderings led me to these pages this week.

Mary Ann of Maryannaville posted an incredible photo View a spectacular view of the moon from an aircraft.

Some Lessons in Logic in the Must Read Files by Dunn

An irresistible offer from w3schools Download the internet

Colin of Adelaide Green Porridge Cafe gives us some insights into this fair land of mine - and his too of course.Things You Need to Know Before You Visit Australia and Reasons to Visit Australia. To reassure you: the only dangerous things from his list that I have come across in my 26 years in Australia are politicians and XXXbeer. Living in Melbourne does help of course. To help give you a more balanced picture here are some Australian Photo Blogs: Melbourne Today and St Kilda Today (St Kilda is an inner Melbourne suburb) both by Michael Blaney and Sydney Irresistible by Mike Hitchen and a couple of images that hold fond memories for me:


Narrabeen

Narrabeen, Sydney - where I used to live, betwixt sea and lake.




Mornington - nr Melbourne - a favorite of mine to visit and hopefully live some day

Finally a few things I wish I had thought up myself:

Answering Machine Messages:

"Hi, we aren't in at the moment, if you are trying to sell us something please start speaking now and hang up at the beep, everyone else start speaking at the beep and hang up when you've finished."

Bob here. I'm home right now, I'm just screening my calls. So start talking and if you're someone I want to speak with I'll pick up the phone. Otherwise, well, what can I say?

C'mon... you can do it... just a little one. That's the way... just a little beep, just a little one. C'mon... good boy... here we go... like this -- beeeeep, just a little one, beeeeeeeeeep, c'mon... There you go!

Hello, this is Ron. I'm not home right now, but I can take a message. Hang on a second while I get a pencil. [Open a drawer and shuffle stuff around.] OK, what would you like me to tell me?

Unfortunately I did not make these up myself, I found them on the Good Quotes Answering Machine page where you can find many more of the same.

Enjoy your Sunday.


tag , , alexablogging to fame

1 comment:

Colin Campbell said...

I have also come across some other fairly gnarly beers, but XXXXX has got to be up there. But the politicians, they have got to be the most dangerous by far.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

SSS 10

My blogosphere wanderings led me to these pages this week.

Mary Ann of Maryannaville posted an incredible photo View a spectacular view of the moon from an aircraft.

Some Lessons in Logic in the Must Read Files by Dunn

An irresistible offer from w3schools Download the internet

Colin of Adelaide Green Porridge Cafe gives us some insights into this fair land of mine - and his too of course.Things You Need to Know Before You Visit Australia and Reasons to Visit Australia. To reassure you: the only dangerous things from his list that I have come across in my 26 years in Australia are politicians and XXXbeer. Living in Melbourne does help of course. To help give you a more balanced picture here are some Australian Photo Blogs: Melbourne Today and St Kilda Today (St Kilda is an inner Melbourne suburb) both by Michael Blaney and Sydney Irresistible by Mike Hitchen and a couple of images that hold fond memories for me:


Narrabeen

Narrabeen, Sydney - where I used to live, betwixt sea and lake.




Mornington - nr Melbourne - a favorite of mine to visit and hopefully live some day

Finally a few things I wish I had thought up myself:

Answering Machine Messages:

"Hi, we aren't in at the moment, if you are trying to sell us something please start speaking now and hang up at the beep, everyone else start speaking at the beep and hang up when you've finished."

Bob here. I'm home right now, I'm just screening my calls. So start talking and if you're someone I want to speak with I'll pick up the phone. Otherwise, well, what can I say?

C'mon... you can do it... just a little one. That's the way... just a little beep, just a little one. C'mon... good boy... here we go... like this -- beeeeep, just a little one, beeeeeeeeeep, c'mon... There you go!

Hello, this is Ron. I'm not home right now, but I can take a message. Hang on a second while I get a pencil. [Open a drawer and shuffle stuff around.] OK, what would you like me to tell me?

Unfortunately I did not make these up myself, I found them on the Good Quotes Answering Machine page where you can find many more of the same.

Enjoy your Sunday.


tag , , alexablogging to fame

1 comment:

Colin Campbell said...

I have also come across some other fairly gnarly beers, but XXXXX has got to be up there. But the politicians, they have got to be the most dangerous by far.