Thursday, August 23, 2007

BlogDay 2007

I often find blogs of interest that I would really like to post about but doing so would take me totally off topic. I have also been told that spreading my link love too much, as I have a tendency to do, is likely to take too many readers from my own site.

As I do enjoy giving credit where credit is due I thought that taking part in BlogDay 2007 would; given me a wonderful excuse to get round both issues. BlogDay is aimed at bringing bloggers together with bloggers in other countries and other areas of interest.


Blog Day 2007

To take part in the contest on 31st August you must:

  1. Find 5 new Blogs that you find interesting
  1. Notify the 5 bloggers that you are recommending them as part of BlogDay 2007

  2. Write a short description of the Blogs and place a link to the recommended Blogs

  3. Post the BlogDay Post (on August 31st) and

  4. Add the BlogDay tag using this link: http://technorati.com/tag/BlogDay2007and a link to the BlogDay web site at http://www.blogday.org

What a great way of making contact with bloggers you would not normally come across and reading about subjects you don't normally make the time for, as well as helping promote sites that are worthy of notice.

I am going to enjoy the time of browsing freely. Please let me know if you are taking part and I can then have a look at the sites you recommend too.

tag , , alexa

7 comments:

Kuanyin said...

Hey, good to know about this day! Mahalo for sharing!

RennyBA said...

I feel the same as you about diversifying in subjects, but maybe I'll follow you. After all I am a network evangelist and love to make new blog friends (just like you from BtF:-)

chayne said...

gr8 blog, i will visit often as an aspiring blogger.

cheers,
chayne

Sueblimely said...

Good to have your feedback and after all whether the blog talks about a subject different to your own the author may find your blogs valuable and vice versa. It is also easy to become too 'one eyed' when blogging and miss out on content we find interesting for the sake of it or for leisure purposes. Leisure - what's that :-)

Sueblimely said...

Thanks chayne, I appreciate your comment.

Sueblimely said...

Hi again chayne - I think I just discovered my first BlogDay site. Your content looks really promising - a fellow Aussie too:-)

Stacey063 said...

Happy Blog Day! I'm enjoying your blog for the first time today!

Thursday, August 23, 2007

BlogDay 2007

I often find blogs of interest that I would really like to post about but doing so would take me totally off topic. I have also been told that spreading my link love too much, as I have a tendency to do, is likely to take too many readers from my own site.

As I do enjoy giving credit where credit is due I thought that taking part in BlogDay 2007 would; given me a wonderful excuse to get round both issues. BlogDay is aimed at bringing bloggers together with bloggers in other countries and other areas of interest.


Blog Day 2007

To take part in the contest on 31st August you must:

  1. Find 5 new Blogs that you find interesting
  1. Notify the 5 bloggers that you are recommending them as part of BlogDay 2007

  2. Write a short description of the Blogs and place a link to the recommended Blogs

  3. Post the BlogDay Post (on August 31st) and

  4. Add the BlogDay tag using this link: http://technorati.com/tag/BlogDay2007and a link to the BlogDay web site at http://www.blogday.org

What a great way of making contact with bloggers you would not normally come across and reading about subjects you don't normally make the time for, as well as helping promote sites that are worthy of notice.

I am going to enjoy the time of browsing freely. Please let me know if you are taking part and I can then have a look at the sites you recommend too.

tag , , alexa

7 comments:

Kuanyin said...

Hey, good to know about this day! Mahalo for sharing!

RennyBA said...

I feel the same as you about diversifying in subjects, but maybe I'll follow you. After all I am a network evangelist and love to make new blog friends (just like you from BtF:-)

chayne said...

gr8 blog, i will visit often as an aspiring blogger.

cheers,
chayne

Sueblimely said...

Good to have your feedback and after all whether the blog talks about a subject different to your own the author may find your blogs valuable and vice versa. It is also easy to become too 'one eyed' when blogging and miss out on content we find interesting for the sake of it or for leisure purposes. Leisure - what's that :-)

Sueblimely said...

Thanks chayne, I appreciate your comment.

Sueblimely said...

Hi again chayne - I think I just discovered my first BlogDay site. Your content looks really promising - a fellow Aussie too:-)

Stacey063 said...

Happy Blog Day! I'm enjoying your blog for the first time today!