Friday, August 31, 2007

Blog Day 2007

Blog Day 2007

This project provided a refreshing and relaxing break for me, as I allowed myself to browse freely rather than concentrate purely on the type of sites I would normally visit for research purposes. It was hard to restrict my list to five sites that interested me but here they are - not in any particular order;
  • The Happiness Project - by Gretchen Rubin, who writes about her quest to be happier by a year of "test-driving every principle, tip, theory, and scientific study" she could find including those of Aristotle, St. Therese,Martin Seligman and Oprah.

  • Tech Burrow by Hisham Hamdan; a young man from Lebanon who was recently introduced to blogging by a teacher. He writes about technology and shows much promise.

  • Psych Matters: Reflections of a Psychology Tutor by Charmayne Paul. It was Charmayne's 'About Me' description that prompted me to go on and read her blog. urban nomad, scholar, merry prankster.

  • Life Clever shares tips that "make life a little easier" - design advice, productivity tips and hacks software reviews.

  • Cognitive Daily reports on fascinating developments in cognition from the most respected scientists in the field.
The BlogDay website

On Technorati

Please let me know if you have taken part so that I can come and take a look at your recommendations.


tag alexa

2 comments:

Dave Lucas said...

Thanks! Happy Blog Day '07...
http://dave-lucas.blogspot.com

Kuanyin said...

Aloha Sue...I'm participating with Blog Day on my blog, Blog-Blond. I'll check out your links now!

Friday, August 31, 2007

Blog Day 2007

Blog Day 2007

This project provided a refreshing and relaxing break for me, as I allowed myself to browse freely rather than concentrate purely on the type of sites I would normally visit for research purposes. It was hard to restrict my list to five sites that interested me but here they are - not in any particular order;
  • The Happiness Project - by Gretchen Rubin, who writes about her quest to be happier by a year of "test-driving every principle, tip, theory, and scientific study" she could find including those of Aristotle, St. Therese,Martin Seligman and Oprah.

  • Tech Burrow by Hisham Hamdan; a young man from Lebanon who was recently introduced to blogging by a teacher. He writes about technology and shows much promise.

  • Psych Matters: Reflections of a Psychology Tutor by Charmayne Paul. It was Charmayne's 'About Me' description that prompted me to go on and read her blog. urban nomad, scholar, merry prankster.

  • Life Clever shares tips that "make life a little easier" - design advice, productivity tips and hacks software reviews.

  • Cognitive Daily reports on fascinating developments in cognition from the most respected scientists in the field.
The BlogDay website

On Technorati

Please let me know if you have taken part so that I can come and take a look at your recommendations.


tag alexa

2 comments:

Dave Lucas said...

Thanks! Happy Blog Day '07...
http://dave-lucas.blogspot.com

Kuanyin said...

Aloha Sue...I'm participating with Blog Day on my blog, Blog-Blond. I'll check out your links now!