Thursday, July 26, 2007

You comment - I follow

I took the nofollow tag off my template a while ago, only to find out that this classic version of Blogger I am using will not allow me to remove nofollow from the comments page.

Having been keen to add the You Comment I Follow badge I was excited to discover that by using a recent comments widget on this page, the no follow tag was not added. I quickly added my badge only to realize a little later that the links only link to the post/comments page and not to the contributors profile. Sigh.

The only ways I can think to get around the problem now are:

  • type in your blog url/profile url in any comments you make to me - these will not have the no follow tag as they are not proper links.
  • I will acknowledge everyone that comments by posting a weekly list of all those who have links in their comments and will include those links in the post. Because these appear on my main page they will not have the nofollow tag attached.

If anyone discovers a way of removing nofollow from classic Blogger comments pages I would really appreciate you letting me know.

If you wish to know more about nofollow please read my guest post on BlogBlond "NoFollow NoGood for bloggers


1 comment:

Aaron Cook said...

If you find a way to remove it, kindly let me know! I went through the exact same thing and realized just yesterday that comments are still NOT being followed.

I'm so ticked over it. And at this point I'm not up for moving my template over from the classic version and starting it all over again. Sheesh.

Shine on,
Aaron

Thursday, July 26, 2007

You comment - I follow

I took the nofollow tag off my template a while ago, only to find out that this classic version of Blogger I am using will not allow me to remove nofollow from the comments page.

Having been keen to add the You Comment I Follow badge I was excited to discover that by using a recent comments widget on this page, the no follow tag was not added. I quickly added my badge only to realize a little later that the links only link to the post/comments page and not to the contributors profile. Sigh.

The only ways I can think to get around the problem now are:

  • type in your blog url/profile url in any comments you make to me - these will not have the no follow tag as they are not proper links.
  • I will acknowledge everyone that comments by posting a weekly list of all those who have links in their comments and will include those links in the post. Because these appear on my main page they will not have the nofollow tag attached.

If anyone discovers a way of removing nofollow from classic Blogger comments pages I would really appreciate you letting me know.

If you wish to know more about nofollow please read my guest post on BlogBlond "NoFollow NoGood for bloggers


1 comment:

Aaron Cook said...

If you find a way to remove it, kindly let me know! I went through the exact same thing and realized just yesterday that comments are still NOT being followed.

I'm so ticked over it. And at this point I'm not up for moving my template over from the classic version and starting it all over again. Sheesh.

Shine on,
Aaron