One of the reasons I am late with this is that I went to an 'Idea of North' concert last night. They are a very talented Australian A Cappella group. I really enjoy watching them perform live, it makes me appreciate evn more how they can create such wonderful sounds with no backing music. I am unable to embed their video clips but here are a couple of urls to their work:
- Isn't She Lovely music clip - The Idea of North This one is a special feature on their recent DVD "Live at the Powerhouse". See if you can guess what happens at the end of the clip!
Quotes made by TV Sports Commentators and their interviewees.
- "I've told the players we need to win so that I can have the cash to buy some new ones"
Chris Turner, Peterborough manager, before LCQF, 1992
- "I spent a lot of my money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered"
- "We'll still be happy if we lose. It's on at the same time as the Beer Festival."
Niall O'Mahoney, Cork City manager before UEFA Cup game v Bayern Munich.
- "I would not say he (David Ginola) is the best left winger in the Premiership, but there are none better."
TERRY VENABLES, Capital Gold
- "It's now 1-1, an exact reversal of the score on Saturday."
Radio 5 Live
- Gary always weighed up his options, especially when he had no choice."
Kevin Keegan, Radio 5 Live
- "I never make predictions and I never will."
- "He's one of those footballers whose brains are in his head"
Derek Johnstone - BBC TV Scotland (1994)
- "For those of you watching in black and white, Spurs are in the all-yellow strip"
John Motson - BBC TV
- Jimmy Hill: "Don't sit on the fence Terry, what chance do you think Germany has got of getting through?" Jimmy Hill
Terry Venables: "I think it's fifty - fifty"
- "I'm going to make a prediction - it could go either way."
- "Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seemed to hang in the air for even longer."
- “I love England, especially the food. There’s nothing I like more than a lovely bowl of pasta.”
NaomiCampbell - Even Australians can get things wrong sometimes.
- "I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat"
Ron Atkinson (1979)
My congratulations to these people for the excellence of their mixed metaphors.
- "Celtic manager Davie Hay still has a fresh pair of legs up his sleeve."
- "If you can't stand the heat in the dressing-room, get out of the kitchen.
Ron Atkinson in a TV interview
- "Tottenham have impressed me. They haven't thrown in the towel even though they have been under the gun."
- "I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel"
- "Celtic were at one time nine points ahead, but somewhere along the road, their ship went off the rails."
- "We threw our dice into the ring and turned up trumps."
Bruce Rioch, ITV