Monday, July 30, 2007

SSS 9 - Mainly Soccer

SSS
I am sure it must be still Sunday somewhere in the world.

One of the reasons I am late with this is that I went to an 'Idea of North' concert last night. They are a very talented Australian A Cappella group. I really enjoy watching them perform live, it makes me appreciate evn more how they can create such wonderful sounds with no backing music. I am unable to embed their video clips but here are a couple of urls to their work:

That does not really count as silly so back to being more jocular. I thought this post from Colin on his 'Life' site was really funny Proof (If Any Were Needed) That Footballers Are Thick. I read this on the heels of an email my brother sent me. I am not sure where he found the quotes. If anyone knows if they are online, please let me know and I will link to them.

Quotes made by TV Sports Commentators and their interviewees.
  • "I've told the players we need to win so that I can have the cash to buy some new ones"
    Chris Turner, Peterborough manager, before LCQF, 1992

  • "I spent a lot of my money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered"
    George Best.

  • "We'll still be happy if we lose. It's on at the same time as the Beer Festival."
    Niall O'Mahoney, Cork City manager before UEFA Cup game v Bayern Munich.

  • "I would not say he (David Ginola) is the best left winger in the Premiership, but there are none better."
    TERRY VENABLES, Capital Gold

  • "It's now 1-1, an exact reversal of the score on Saturday."
    Radio 5 Live

  • Gary always weighed up his options, especially when he had no choice."
    Kevin Keegan, Radio 5 Live

  • "I never make predictions and I never will."
    Paul Gascoigne

  • "He's one of those footballers whose brains are in his head"
    Derek Johnstone - BBC TV Scotland (1994)

  • "For those of you watching in black and white, Spurs are in the all-yellow strip"
    John Motson - BBC TV

  • Jimmy Hill: "Don't sit on the fence Terry, what chance do you think Germany has got of getting through?" Jimmy Hill
    Terry Venables: "I think it's fifty - fifty"

  • "I'm going to make a prediction - it could go either way."
    Ron Atkinson

  • "Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seemed to hang in the air for even longer."
    David Acefield

  • “I love England, especially the food. There’s nothing I like more than a lovely bowl of pasta.”
    NaomiCampbell - Even Australians can get things wrong sometimes.

  • "I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat"
    Ron Atkinson (1979)

My congratulations to these people for the excellence of their mixed metaphors.

  • "Celtic manager Davie Hay still has a fresh pair of legs up his sleeve."
    John Greig
  • "If you can't stand the heat in the dressing-room, get out of the kitchen.
    Ron Atkinson in a TV interview
  • "Tottenham have impressed me. They haven't thrown in the towel even though they have been under the gun."
    Bobby Charlton
  • "I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel"
    Stuart Pearce
  • "Celtic were at one time nine points ahead, but somewhere along the road, their ship went off the rails."
    Richard Park
  • "We threw our dice into the ring and turned up trumps."
    Bruce Rioch, ITV


tag , , alexablogging to fame

2 comments:

Colin said...

Hi Sue,
Thanks for the mention lol, it takes quite a bit of scouring around and finding bits and pieces to use, but because my blog covers a pretty diverse range humour is an important ingredient....even if it it at the expense of others :o)
You should go through some of the older posts lol
Have a great day

Sueblimely said...

Hi Colin,
I have been going over lots of your other posts. I had to stop occasionally to email some of the funnies to family and friends.

Monday, July 30, 2007

SSS 9 - Mainly Soccer

SSS
I am sure it must be still Sunday somewhere in the world.

One of the reasons I am late with this is that I went to an 'Idea of North' concert last night. They are a very talented Australian A Cappella group. I really enjoy watching them perform live, it makes me appreciate evn more how they can create such wonderful sounds with no backing music. I am unable to embed their video clips but here are a couple of urls to their work:

That does not really count as silly so back to being more jocular. I thought this post from Colin on his 'Life' site was really funny Proof (If Any Were Needed) That Footballers Are Thick. I read this on the heels of an email my brother sent me. I am not sure where he found the quotes. If anyone knows if they are online, please let me know and I will link to them.

Quotes made by TV Sports Commentators and their interviewees.
  • "I've told the players we need to win so that I can have the cash to buy some new ones"
    Chris Turner, Peterborough manager, before LCQF, 1992

  • "I spent a lot of my money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered"
    George Best.

  • "We'll still be happy if we lose. It's on at the same time as the Beer Festival."
    Niall O'Mahoney, Cork City manager before UEFA Cup game v Bayern Munich.

  • "I would not say he (David Ginola) is the best left winger in the Premiership, but there are none better."
    TERRY VENABLES, Capital Gold

  • "It's now 1-1, an exact reversal of the score on Saturday."
    Radio 5 Live

  • Gary always weighed up his options, especially when he had no choice."
    Kevin Keegan, Radio 5 Live

  • "I never make predictions and I never will."
    Paul Gascoigne

  • "He's one of those footballers whose brains are in his head"
    Derek Johnstone - BBC TV Scotland (1994)

  • "For those of you watching in black and white, Spurs are in the all-yellow strip"
    John Motson - BBC TV

  • Jimmy Hill: "Don't sit on the fence Terry, what chance do you think Germany has got of getting through?" Jimmy Hill
    Terry Venables: "I think it's fifty - fifty"

  • "I'm going to make a prediction - it could go either way."
    Ron Atkinson

  • "Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seemed to hang in the air for even longer."
    David Acefield

  • “I love England, especially the food. There’s nothing I like more than a lovely bowl of pasta.”
    NaomiCampbell - Even Australians can get things wrong sometimes.

  • "I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat"
    Ron Atkinson (1979)

My congratulations to these people for the excellence of their mixed metaphors.

  • "Celtic manager Davie Hay still has a fresh pair of legs up his sleeve."
    John Greig
  • "If you can't stand the heat in the dressing-room, get out of the kitchen.
    Ron Atkinson in a TV interview
  • "Tottenham have impressed me. They haven't thrown in the towel even though they have been under the gun."
    Bobby Charlton
  • "I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel"
    Stuart Pearce
  • "Celtic were at one time nine points ahead, but somewhere along the road, their ship went off the rails."
    Richard Park
  • "We threw our dice into the ring and turned up trumps."
    Bruce Rioch, ITV


tag , , alexablogging to fame

2 comments:

Colin said...

Hi Sue,
Thanks for the mention lol, it takes quite a bit of scouring around and finding bits and pieces to use, but because my blog covers a pretty diverse range humour is an important ingredient....even if it it at the expense of others :o)
You should go through some of the older posts lol
Have a great day

Sueblimely said...

Hi Colin,
I have been going over lots of your other posts. I had to stop occasionally to email some of the funnies to family and friends.