Sunday, July 08, 2007

Horizontal Menus for Blogs

I have returned from a very welcome, if damp, few days in the mountains near Melbourne. This will give me a good excuse to use some of the photos I took and introduce some more techniques for incorporating them into blogs.

I was under strict instructions not to use the internet while away - which was not hard as there was no connection. I did spend a little time finishing off a tutorial on styling navigation menus though. The rest was spent generally relaxing in front of a roaring fire and playing board games and pool with the family.

So as not to make this blog too heavy on coding, I have created the tutorial on my own server. You can find it here:

Horizontal Navigation Tutorial

I have used the color names for the examples, rather than numbers (hex codes), to make the tutorial more understandable. It is best to use color numbers (hex codes) to ensure all browsers display the same. You can find an excellent comprehensive list of html colors in a recent blog post on the Color Lovers site at:

Please let me know if you think the tutorial is understandable or not and if any further explanation is needed.
If you do not wish to learn the coding there are tools that create navigation menus for you:

No comments:

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Horizontal Menus for Blogs

I have returned from a very welcome, if damp, few days in the mountains near Melbourne. This will give me a good excuse to use some of the photos I took and introduce some more techniques for incorporating them into blogs.

I was under strict instructions not to use the internet while away - which was not hard as there was no connection. I did spend a little time finishing off a tutorial on styling navigation menus though. The rest was spent generally relaxing in front of a roaring fire and playing board games and pool with the family.

So as not to make this blog too heavy on coding, I have created the tutorial on my own server. You can find it here:

Horizontal Navigation Tutorial

I have used the color names for the examples, rather than numbers (hex codes), to make the tutorial more understandable. It is best to use color numbers (hex codes) to ensure all browsers display the same. You can find an excellent comprehensive list of html colors in a recent blog post on the Color Lovers site at:

Please let me know if you think the tutorial is understandable or not and if any further explanation is needed.
If you do not wish to learn the coding there are tools that create navigation menus for you:

No comments: