Friday, July 13, 2007

Blogging To Fame Short List

I am chuffed*. I have been shortlisted as one of the finalists in the Blogging to Fame Awards Contest. Thank you so much to all that 'Famed' me.


Deborah Peterson's blog Life in the Fast Lane is leading the pack at the moment. Deservedly so I think. I am a fan of her blog, its varied topics (odd, unusual, offbeat, wild and whacky, weird science) and Deborah's writing style.

I have as much chance of winning as 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' has of not making any sales; but it is satisfying nonetheless. (The new Harry Potter movie has just been released here in Australia and it has been the main topic of conversation with my youngest son today)

PS - a few more fames would be really appreciated. Was that request a blogging 'no-no' I wonder (not the done thing, lacking in blog etiquette?). Feel free to chastise me if so - gently though please.

It is not too late to join the contest. If you wish to find out more visit the official blog A Blog of Million Rising Thoughts (what a wonderful title) and that of Blogging to Fame's very clever young creator, Divya, Blogging to Fame.

*English word = proud, satisfied

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Wow, thanks for the mention and kind words Sue :-)

I was happy to see you'd made the short list in the second week.

And hell no, work it girl, I don't see anything wrong with asking your readers that support your blog to fame you.

I would have written a post on it myself, but I'm so backlogged with writing feature posts and tags my head's spinning :-)

Sharon said...

I can't believe I hadn't already famed you! I just added my vote - well deserved. Congratulations!

Friday, July 13, 2007

Blogging To Fame Short List

I am chuffed*. I have been shortlisted as one of the finalists in the Blogging to Fame Awards Contest. Thank you so much to all that 'Famed' me.


Deborah Peterson's blog Life in the Fast Lane is leading the pack at the moment. Deservedly so I think. I am a fan of her blog, its varied topics (odd, unusual, offbeat, wild and whacky, weird science) and Deborah's writing style.

I have as much chance of winning as 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' has of not making any sales; but it is satisfying nonetheless. (The new Harry Potter movie has just been released here in Australia and it has been the main topic of conversation with my youngest son today)

PS - a few more fames would be really appreciated. Was that request a blogging 'no-no' I wonder (not the done thing, lacking in blog etiquette?). Feel free to chastise me if so - gently though please.

It is not too late to join the contest. If you wish to find out more visit the official blog A Blog of Million Rising Thoughts (what a wonderful title) and that of Blogging to Fame's very clever young creator, Divya, Blogging to Fame.

*English word = proud, satisfied

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Wow, thanks for the mention and kind words Sue :-)

I was happy to see you'd made the short list in the second week.

And hell no, work it girl, I don't see anything wrong with asking your readers that support your blog to fame you.

I would have written a post on it myself, but I'm so backlogged with writing feature posts and tags my head's spinning :-)

Sharon said...

I can't believe I hadn't already famed you! I just added my vote - well deserved. Congratulations!