To help raise awareness of the challenge itself please digg the BlogCatalog article on the Digg site.
BlogCatalog is asking all bloggers to raise awareness of organ donation on July 18th, by posting about the subject.BlogCatalog successfully ran a similar campaign in May which helped more than 1,000 students get the school books, supplies, and resources they needed for their classrooms.
Why Organ Donation was chosen for this campaign ? Just look at the waiting list figures:
- Australia - over 1,700
- Latin America - over 50,000.
- Europe and the United States - over 170,000.
- China - over 2 million.
- Africa - unknown
- Use the title 'BlogCatalog Community Organ Donation Awareness Campaign' or similar
- Explain the importance of organ donation and how it is a gift of life
- Urge readers to donate organs
- Link to one or multiple donor web pages listed below
- Link to the BlogCatalog Community Organ Donation Awareness Campaign page so they can give you and your blog credit for being part of it.
- United States - OrganDonor.gov. UNOS , or MatchingDonors.com.
- Australia online donation site - Australian Organ Donor Register
- The British Organ Donor Society a list of known worldwide links.
If you are not a blogger you could still pass the message on to friends, family and colleagues - urging them to consider organ donation.
Give the gift of life!