Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Blog ratings - Spotback

spotback ratings

Spotback provides a tool that allows your readers to interact with your blog by rating your blog posts.

There are many such services but this one is different in that you can choose from a variety of widgets and customize them to suit the look of your own blog.

Widget Gallery

Cut and paste codes are available for Blogger (new and old), Wordpress and a generic one for other blog systems.

My only concern with this sort of add-in is that commenting is the most valuable form of author/user interaction and they may deter readers from commenting; choosing to rate instead.

I will leave the widget on my blog for a while so that you can see it in action. If by the time you read this it has gone, then here are some images showing you a selection of widgets available:

spotback star rating

spotback button ratings

spotback slider ratings




3 comments:

Micha said...

Thanks for the review and for testing it out!

Micha
CEO
Spotback.com

Sherrykins said...

Sueblimely,
I really link the Spotback widget, so I put it on one of my blogs to see if I can get a reaction from my readers.

Sueblimely said...

It will be interesting to hear how you go with it. Please let us know.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Blog ratings - Spotback

spotback ratings

Spotback provides a tool that allows your readers to interact with your blog by rating your blog posts.

There are many such services but this one is different in that you can choose from a variety of widgets and customize them to suit the look of your own blog.

Widget Gallery

Cut and paste codes are available for Blogger (new and old), Wordpress and a generic one for other blog systems.

My only concern with this sort of add-in is that commenting is the most valuable form of author/user interaction and they may deter readers from commenting; choosing to rate instead.

I will leave the widget on my blog for a while so that you can see it in action. If by the time you read this it has gone, then here are some images showing you a selection of widgets available:

spotback star rating

spotback button ratings

spotback slider ratings




3 comments:

Micha said...

Thanks for the review and for testing it out!

Micha
CEO
Spotback.com

Sherrykins said...

Sueblimely,
I really link the Spotback widget, so I put it on one of my blogs to see if I can get a reaction from my readers.

Sueblimely said...

It will be interesting to hear how you go with it. Please let us know.