Sunday, June 03, 2007

Quick Tip - Firefox Bookmarks Toolbar

As I circumnavigate the blogosphere, searching for new blog tools and tips to report on in this blog, I end up visiting many many sites. Keeping on task has never been one of my strong points so I get sidetracked by sites (usually blogs these days) that talk of all sorts of weird and wonderful things.

I also join social networking sites, make contacts, comment etc (see prior post!).

All in all I have a huge amount of sites that I need to keep track on. As a quick and easy way of recording and organizing them I have created a folder, with subfolders, on my Firefox Bookmarks Toolbar. It is then simply a matter of me dragging a site's favicon icon on to the toolbar and into the appropriate folder.

I am then able to find sites again easily although the rest of my family do not like using my PC because they cannot find anything easily.

Come to think of it that is another good reason to have full toolbars and start menu folders with subfolders and subfolders ... They do not linger on my machine long! (they do have machines of their own - which is an advantage of having a partner who builds them!)

No comments:

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Quick Tip - Firefox Bookmarks Toolbar

As I circumnavigate the blogosphere, searching for new blog tools and tips to report on in this blog, I end up visiting many many sites. Keeping on task has never been one of my strong points so I get sidetracked by sites (usually blogs these days) that talk of all sorts of weird and wonderful things.

I also join social networking sites, make contacts, comment etc (see prior post!).

All in all I have a huge amount of sites that I need to keep track on. As a quick and easy way of recording and organizing them I have created a folder, with subfolders, on my Firefox Bookmarks Toolbar. It is then simply a matter of me dragging a site's favicon icon on to the toolbar and into the appropriate folder.

I am then able to find sites again easily although the rest of my family do not like using my PC because they cannot find anything easily.

Come to think of it that is another good reason to have full toolbars and start menu folders with subfolders and subfolders ... They do not linger on my machine long! (they do have machines of their own - which is an advantage of having a partner who builds them!)

No comments: