Friday, June 01, 2007

Missing Madeleine McCann

I have a fervent wish that the power of the internet can be fully utilized to create good in this world. Its ability to draw people together for a common goal is already happening in a multitude of ways.

The blogging community is a prime example with its interactivity, social networking, commenting and web rings,. The resulting RSS feeds create constantly updated web content.

Sites which include blogging features are developing to support charities and create mutual support (eg Care2, an online community for people who 'want to make a difference'and Careplace, a mutual support community.

Bloggers have the power to get their message through quickly and widely and I believe we should use this ability much more for the common good. For this reason, I am posting the following message about the British 4 yr old , Madeleine McCann, who was abducted in Portugal on May 3rd:




2 comments:

david santos said...

Today it is the World-wide day of the children.

Imaginif said...

I agree that blogs can be used for the common good. I also have posted the Madeliene McCann posters on my child protection site.
I cannot even begin to imagine what the McCanns's must be going through.
Someone, somewhere know's where Madeleine is or what happened to her.
I beg that person who knows - please tell. Please let Madeleine's parents know what has happened. They love that little girl. They miss Madeleine. Madeleine needs her family. Please be an excellent person and tell what you know of Madeleine's whereabouts.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Missing Madeleine McCann

I have a fervent wish that the power of the internet can be fully utilized to create good in this world. Its ability to draw people together for a common goal is already happening in a multitude of ways.

The blogging community is a prime example with its interactivity, social networking, commenting and web rings,. The resulting RSS feeds create constantly updated web content.

Sites which include blogging features are developing to support charities and create mutual support (eg Care2, an online community for people who 'want to make a difference'and Careplace, a mutual support community.

Bloggers have the power to get their message through quickly and widely and I believe we should use this ability much more for the common good. For this reason, I am posting the following message about the British 4 yr old , Madeleine McCann, who was abducted in Portugal on May 3rd:




2 comments:

david santos said...

Today it is the World-wide day of the children.

Imaginif said...

I agree that blogs can be used for the common good. I also have posted the Madeliene McCann posters on my child protection site.
I cannot even begin to imagine what the McCanns's must be going through.
Someone, somewhere know's where Madeleine is or what happened to her.
I beg that person who knows - please tell. Please let Madeleine's parents know what has happened. They love that little girl. They miss Madeleine. Madeleine needs her family. Please be an excellent person and tell what you know of Madeleine's whereabouts.