What is Guest Blogging?
Where blog publishes posts written by someone other than the blog's author(s).
How do you get a guest blogging spot?
- Through friends
- Through networking with fellow bloggers and developing contacts - people you develop relationships with by commenting/ content submission/email.
This can be difficult especially if you are a new blogger. The new service offered by Guest Blogger can make it possible.
Guest Blogger's aim is to facilitate the connection between those who wish to find guest bloggers and those wishing to be the guest. The service is free and takes the form of a directory of blogs, split into categories, that are offering guest blogging opportunities. Potential guests can browse this directory, find a blog of interest and contact the author, giving details of why they wish to participate and why they believe they are suitable.
Guest blogging can be advantageous for both parties. Some of the most popular bloggers host guest bloggers.
- Problogger: ProBlogger - Reflections on Guest Blogging
- John Chow - see John is Busy Slaying Pandas, I’m Filling In
Advantages for the guest blogger:
The advantages for the guest blogger can be invaluable, especially if the site you are posting on has a good readership and you are trying to increase your own.
- More people will get to know you and your writing.
- You can gain more respect and credibility.
- You may reach a readership group that is different to your own.
- You are advertising your own blog.
- There is great potential to increase your own blog traffic.
Advantages for the host:
The guest blogger can:
- attract readers to your site from a readership base that may be different to yours.
- bring knowledge and expertise in a particular area.
- Add fresh perspective and new content.
- give you some respite from blogging if you are busy or going away.
PS I registered with Guest Blogger and have been offered a spot by Blog Blond - Yeah! I also added this site to the list of those seeking guests.