What does RssFwd do:
- Allows you to subscribe to any RSS feed by email - that is, feed updates are sent directly to the email address of your choosing. RssFwd checks for updates on your site every hour and on finding a new article will send an email.
- Provides a 'subscribe by email' script that you can include on your own blog. I am going to give this a try on this site to see how quick loading it is and will report on this later.
How to use RssFwd
Drag their bookmarklet to your browser toolbar and, when you are on a site that you wish to have email feed updates for, click on the bookmarklet. You are taken to another page where you enter the email address you want the feed to be sent to.
The page is quick to load and if you use an auto filler tool such as Roboform the process becomes even quicker.
- You can choose to publicize the site you have subscribed to which are listed on their 'popular feeds' page.
- The feed you are subscribing to is displayed on the subscribe page so that you can preview its appearance as it will appear in the email - some feeds just have headers, some have just a snippet of the post and others display the full posts.
- If you choose the 'clustered' option the emails are also sent as a daily digest.
(I use gmail for my blogging related emails but have them redirected to my computer email client - Thunderbird. I find Thunderbird much more customizable to my personal needs than Outlook Express.)
To subscribe to this blog by email please click on the button below: