Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Linebuzz Founder Mark Maunder Comments

The first two comments I received using LineBuzz came from me (It's a worry - I talk to myself using the chat feature on this page too!) . The third comment came straight from the horse's mouth - from Mark Maunder, the founder of Linkbuzz.

As I thought his comment valuable for bloggers trying to increase traffic to their site, I have reproduced his comment here. Hope thats OK Mark.

Hi Sue, Great blog, and I see you're one of the first to use our customization features since we launched yesterday.

I thought I'd comment on methods to increase traffic via SEO.

I used to run a job search engine which was one of Time Mag's top 50 websites of '05. We provided a search, but simultaneously got a lot of traffic from the non-vertical search engines like Google. Bloggers generate a lot of new content daily which search engines love and that's one of the keys to promoting any website to the SE's. And you've mentioned that in your article.

But another key is letting the search engines know about that content. Self proclaimed SEO gurus will tell you all sorts of things, like 'your page must validate with the W3C or you'll get ignored'. It's all poppycock. SE's are in the business of finding valuable and interesting pages and not all of those have been optimized. But those valuable and interesting pages do have certain characteristics like, they usually have a lot of backlinks from high quality websites like Digg.com, Slashdot, Techcrunch, etc. So - you probably know this - but one of the keys is to let high quality websites know about you and get them to link to you.

Another key is making sure that those high quality sites are talking about the same stuff you are. Never, ever, use link farms, link exchange programs and anything else that gaurantees you results and charges you money. Sure, spend money on pay per click ads if you want, but never spend money on SEO.

Search engines are in the business of protecting themselves against commercial SEO and you may end up getting penalized or banned. Hope that helps.
I noticed you've got the comment bubble configured to be quite narrow. You may want to expand that a bit. Just a suggestion.

Regards, Mark Maunder Founder & CEO LineBuzz.com
Thanks for your comments, Mark. (and I have increased the width of the comment bubble)

No comments:

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Linebuzz Founder Mark Maunder Comments

The first two comments I received using LineBuzz came from me (It's a worry - I talk to myself using the chat feature on this page too!) . The third comment came straight from the horse's mouth - from Mark Maunder, the founder of Linkbuzz.

As I thought his comment valuable for bloggers trying to increase traffic to their site, I have reproduced his comment here. Hope thats OK Mark.

Hi Sue, Great blog, and I see you're one of the first to use our customization features since we launched yesterday.

I thought I'd comment on methods to increase traffic via SEO.

I used to run a job search engine which was one of Time Mag's top 50 websites of '05. We provided a search, but simultaneously got a lot of traffic from the non-vertical search engines like Google. Bloggers generate a lot of new content daily which search engines love and that's one of the keys to promoting any website to the SE's. And you've mentioned that in your article.

But another key is letting the search engines know about that content. Self proclaimed SEO gurus will tell you all sorts of things, like 'your page must validate with the W3C or you'll get ignored'. It's all poppycock. SE's are in the business of finding valuable and interesting pages and not all of those have been optimized. But those valuable and interesting pages do have certain characteristics like, they usually have a lot of backlinks from high quality websites like Digg.com, Slashdot, Techcrunch, etc. So - you probably know this - but one of the keys is to let high quality websites know about you and get them to link to you.

Another key is making sure that those high quality sites are talking about the same stuff you are. Never, ever, use link farms, link exchange programs and anything else that gaurantees you results and charges you money. Sure, spend money on pay per click ads if you want, but never spend money on SEO.

Search engines are in the business of protecting themselves against commercial SEO and you may end up getting penalized or banned. Hope that helps.
I noticed you've got the comment bubble configured to be quite narrow. You may want to expand that a bit. Just a suggestion.

Regards, Mark Maunder Founder & CEO LineBuzz.com
Thanks for your comments, Mark. (and I have increased the width of the comment bubble)

No comments: