When I discovered LineBuzz , I was immediately compelled to try it out. I think this novel application, which went into beta yesterday, has the potential to be a real winner within the blogsphere.
LineBuzz will let your blog readers add comments inline. How it works.
- Readers of your blog can highlight any post text and hit on a "Comment Inline" button (which would usually be best placed in a sidebar).
- This pops up a window where they can add a comment.
- The comments are then displayed in a box under the "Comment Inline" button.
- Text that has been selected for commenting is underlined when your page next reloads. Clicking the underlined text text triggers a pop-up showing the the comments made.
- Apart from the usefulness of having your comments displayed in this way, readers can comment about a particular part of your post.
Installation is simple. LineBuzz creates the script for you. All you need to do is type in your blog url and then insert the script where you want the comments to appear on your page.
With an advanced option you are able to edit the look of the application by some simple editing of the script. Only a basic knowledge of html is needed.
You can manage your comments and delete those you don't want. Spam protection is built in.
I have installed the LineBuzz on this page. Give it a go. Highlight some text and comment on it.
I would be interested in your views on LineBuzz and welcome comments on all of my posts.