Friday, May 18, 2007

I got tagged - What are my 5 goals?

I have been tagged by Sharon writer of Ghosts in the Machine, a blog I enjoy. Her site explores "digital identity, privacy and knowledge management". Please take a look at my prior post to see why I take up such a challenge.

What are my 5 goals? In chronological order (I am a bit liberal with the timing of these)

  1. Age 3 - kicking rolled up sock down the stairs in between 'clothes horse' goal posts.

  2. Age 5 - throwing ball from top of the back garden air-raid shelter into bucket. Those air raid shelters were so solid they were made use of for many years after their vital role in the war.

  3. Age 6 - on the side lines of Hull KR rugby league field where I liked to mimic the players while accompanying dad on his St John Ambulance duty.

  4. Primary School - Netball goal. Being female we were excluded from other sports and at recess boys had to play one end of the school and girls the other.

  5. Grammar School - Hockey Goal - I shudder at the thought of the cold English winter days and hidden agendas of teenage girls wielding a hockey stick.

Sorry about being frivolous Sharon. I will be more serious now. Anyway as I became adult the goals posts were shifted!

  1. Appreciate and enjoy every moment of life - a lesson that took half a lifetime of repeating before I got it right.

  2. To support my three children in achieving the same.

  3. Ensuring a happy secure life for my 17 year old son with Fragile X Syndrome.

  4. Give up smoking

  5. Help to leave this planet with as many resources for the generations that follow as I possibly can. Recyle Reuse, save water, save power.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

You are so clever, Sue! I don't think I've ever scored an actual goal in anything, maybe a few shots wide of the net in road hockey, but that's it. Thanks for playing; your real goals are very noble.

Friday, May 18, 2007

I got tagged - What are my 5 goals?

I have been tagged by Sharon writer of Ghosts in the Machine, a blog I enjoy. Her site explores "digital identity, privacy and knowledge management". Please take a look at my prior post to see why I take up such a challenge.

What are my 5 goals? In chronological order (I am a bit liberal with the timing of these)

  1. Age 3 - kicking rolled up sock down the stairs in between 'clothes horse' goal posts.

  2. Age 5 - throwing ball from top of the back garden air-raid shelter into bucket. Those air raid shelters were so solid they were made use of for many years after their vital role in the war.

  3. Age 6 - on the side lines of Hull KR rugby league field where I liked to mimic the players while accompanying dad on his St John Ambulance duty.

  4. Primary School - Netball goal. Being female we were excluded from other sports and at recess boys had to play one end of the school and girls the other.

  5. Grammar School - Hockey Goal - I shudder at the thought of the cold English winter days and hidden agendas of teenage girls wielding a hockey stick.

Sorry about being frivolous Sharon. I will be more serious now. Anyway as I became adult the goals posts were shifted!

  1. Appreciate and enjoy every moment of life - a lesson that took half a lifetime of repeating before I got it right.

  2. To support my three children in achieving the same.

  3. Ensuring a happy secure life for my 17 year old son with Fragile X Syndrome.

  4. Give up smoking

  5. Help to leave this planet with as many resources for the generations that follow as I possibly can. Recyle Reuse, save water, save power.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

You are so clever, Sue! I don't think I've ever scored an actual goal in anything, maybe a few shots wide of the net in road hockey, but that's it. Thanks for playing; your real goals are very noble.