Friday, May 18, 2007

I got tagged - do I take up the challenge?

In case you don't know what I mean by being tagged:

I am not referring to being microchipped like a pet dog or being bookmarked on del.icio.us. What I do mean is that I have been challenged to take part in a couple of 'group writing projects'/ blog memes.

The wikipedia definition of a meme is a "unit of cultural information" which can propagate from one mind to another in a manner analogous to genes". My definition in relation to blogging is: "something you inherit from a blogger you know and pass on to other bloggers.

What reasons are there to join in memes?

  • They can be be just plain fun.

  • They can be funny

  • They can be inspiring.

  • They can help bloggers get to know each other better.

  • They can help your contacts, friend, family increase readership to their blogs.

No comments:

Friday, May 18, 2007

I got tagged - do I take up the challenge?

In case you don't know what I mean by being tagged:

I am not referring to being microchipped like a pet dog or being bookmarked on del.icio.us. What I do mean is that I have been challenged to take part in a couple of 'group writing projects'/ blog memes.

The wikipedia definition of a meme is a "unit of cultural information" which can propagate from one mind to another in a manner analogous to genes". My definition in relation to blogging is: "something you inherit from a blogger you know and pass on to other bloggers.

What reasons are there to join in memes?

  • They can be be just plain fun.

  • They can be funny

  • They can be inspiring.

  • They can help bloggers get to know each other better.

  • They can help your contacts, friend, family increase readership to their blogs.

No comments: