Sunday, April 08, 2007

Altruistic Link Love Update

I have only had two kind souls who have taken me up on my challenge to display an image link on their blogs to their favorite cause/charity. I thought I should post a reminder:

I have some favorite causes/charities that I like to support. It occurred to me that it may be worthwhile giving some free advertising to them on this blog. It is so easy to do and potentially very worthwhile.

I challenge other blogs to do the same.

I will publish links to the first 20 blogs that contact me (via comments here) who show their altruism by creating an image link on their blogs to their favorite cause or causes. A permanent is preferred rather than just in a posting.

I have started the ball rolling here by adding a linked image to a major fundraising drive by the FRAXA Research Foundation who, if they can raise $500,000 in new donations by the end of October, will have another $500,000 donated by Doris Buffett's Sunshine Lady Foundation.

FRAXA's mission is to accelerate progress toward effective treatments and ultimately a cure for Fragile X, by directly funding the most promising research. FRAXA also supports families affected by Fragile X and raises awareness of this important but virtually unknown disease. Fragile X is the most common known inherited disability, affecting male and female, and the most common known cause of autism. It is caused by a 'fault' on the X chromosome, hence the name

I really think this important - please support me in this idea, publicize your favorite cause and get publicity for your own blog at the same time.

4 comments:

mcewen said...

If you could describe what an 'image link' is, I might just take you up on that challenge!
I wouldn't say I'm a technophobe [any more] but my technical/blogging skills are only in the early stages of development.
As it's Autism Awareness Month, I'd be keen to lobby on behalf of that cause.
Best wishes

Sueblimely said...

Thanks very much from a fellow middle aged bifocal UK ex-pat. I will post an article on my blog right now explaining an image link and how to add it.

Swapw said...

Sueblimely, don't forget about our exchange in the forum!

-Swapw
PS: I've enjoyed your pst on charity, the world definitely needs more people like you.

Sueblimely said...

Thanks Swapw. Did you mean Blogger Forum? If so I have added a topic on Altruistic Link Love. Are you going to take me up on the challenge?

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Altruistic Link Love Update

I have only had two kind souls who have taken me up on my challenge to display an image link on their blogs to their favorite cause/charity. I thought I should post a reminder:

I have some favorite causes/charities that I like to support. It occurred to me that it may be worthwhile giving some free advertising to them on this blog. It is so easy to do and potentially very worthwhile.

I challenge other blogs to do the same.

I will publish links to the first 20 blogs that contact me (via comments here) who show their altruism by creating an image link on their blogs to their favorite cause or causes. A permanent is preferred rather than just in a posting.

I have started the ball rolling here by adding a linked image to a major fundraising drive by the FRAXA Research Foundation who, if they can raise $500,000 in new donations by the end of October, will have another $500,000 donated by Doris Buffett's Sunshine Lady Foundation.

FRAXA's mission is to accelerate progress toward effective treatments and ultimately a cure for Fragile X, by directly funding the most promising research. FRAXA also supports families affected by Fragile X and raises awareness of this important but virtually unknown disease. Fragile X is the most common known inherited disability, affecting male and female, and the most common known cause of autism. It is caused by a 'fault' on the X chromosome, hence the name

I really think this important - please support me in this idea, publicize your favorite cause and get publicity for your own blog at the same time.

4 comments:

mcewen said...

If you could describe what an 'image link' is, I might just take you up on that challenge!
I wouldn't say I'm a technophobe [any more] but my technical/blogging skills are only in the early stages of development.
As it's Autism Awareness Month, I'd be keen to lobby on behalf of that cause.
Best wishes

Sueblimely said...

Thanks very much from a fellow middle aged bifocal UK ex-pat. I will post an article on my blog right now explaining an image link and how to add it.

Swapw said...

Sueblimely, don't forget about our exchange in the forum!

-Swapw
PS: I've enjoyed your pst on charity, the world definitely needs more people like you.

Sueblimely said...

Thanks Swapw. Did you mean Blogger Forum? If so I have added a topic on Altruistic Link Love. Are you going to take me up on the challenge?