Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Challenge to Bloggers - A New Kind of Link Love

I have some favorite causes/charities that I like to support. It occurred to me that it may be worthwhile giving some free advertising to them on this blog.

It is so easy to do and potentially very worthwhile.

I challenge other blogs, whose primary aim is not fundraising, to do the same.

I will publish links to the first 20 blogs that contact me (via comments here) who show their altruism by creating an image link(s) on their blogs to their favorite cause or causes.

I have started the ball rolling here by adding a linked image to a major fundraising drive by the FRAXA Research Foundation who, if they can raise $500,000 in new donations by the end of October, will have another $500,000 donated by Doris Buffett's Sunshine Lady Foundation.

FRAXA's mission is to accelerate progress toward effective treatments and ultimately a cure for Fragile X, by directly funding the most promising research. FRAXA also supports families affected by Fragile X and raises awareness of this important but virtually unknown disease.

Fragile X is the most common known inherited disability, affecting male and female, and the most common known cause of autism. It is caused by a 'fault' on the X chromosome, hence the name

FRAXA has contributed an untold amount of effort and millions of dollars towards fulfilling its goal. A great milestone has recently been achieved. Research they funded has now led to approval for the testing of a drug for treatment of Fragile X Syndrome!! Being a carrier of this disorder (as are 1 in 259 women), with an affected son, I applaud this incredible breakthrough.

I really think this important - please support me in this idea, publicize your favorite cause and get publicity for your own blog at the same time.

6 comments:

Kitty said...

What a great idea! I'll work on setting a link up on my site for my favourite charity and get back to you when it is all working.

Mike Perry said...

Hi!
Sorry I mentioned America! Now amended in my post. What was I thinking. I have written out 100 times 'I must take more care'.

Best wishes,
Mike

Sueblimely said...

From Mike at Mikes Money Making Mission
"Hello!
A couple of things:
(1) Many thanks for joining my MyBlogLog community - much appreciated.
(2) I have written about your 'New Kind Of Link Love' on my blog post today - and have also done a link to my favourite charity at the moment. A good idea!
Best wishes,
Mike. "

Raymond Roy said...

Hi.

This is a wonderful idea. Good one!

I have set up a link to the American Red Cross for my local area.

Best regards.

Ray from Chess Strategies 101

Erica said...

My big thing is freedom of speech, so I've added two links to the ACLU :) I also added a link off my side bar to your blog ;)

Hisham_dt said...

Hey sue, that is an amazing Idea to do, but when it comes to me, I don't like to distract my user from my posts..

Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Challenge to Bloggers - A New Kind of Link Love

I have some favorite causes/charities that I like to support. It occurred to me that it may be worthwhile giving some free advertising to them on this blog.

It is so easy to do and potentially very worthwhile.

I challenge other blogs, whose primary aim is not fundraising, to do the same.

I will publish links to the first 20 blogs that contact me (via comments here) who show their altruism by creating an image link(s) on their blogs to their favorite cause or causes.

I have started the ball rolling here by adding a linked image to a major fundraising drive by the FRAXA Research Foundation who, if they can raise $500,000 in new donations by the end of October, will have another $500,000 donated by Doris Buffett's Sunshine Lady Foundation.

FRAXA's mission is to accelerate progress toward effective treatments and ultimately a cure for Fragile X, by directly funding the most promising research. FRAXA also supports families affected by Fragile X and raises awareness of this important but virtually unknown disease.

Fragile X is the most common known inherited disability, affecting male and female, and the most common known cause of autism. It is caused by a 'fault' on the X chromosome, hence the name

FRAXA has contributed an untold amount of effort and millions of dollars towards fulfilling its goal. A great milestone has recently been achieved. Research they funded has now led to approval for the testing of a drug for treatment of Fragile X Syndrome!! Being a carrier of this disorder (as are 1 in 259 women), with an affected son, I applaud this incredible breakthrough.

I really think this important - please support me in this idea, publicize your favorite cause and get publicity for your own blog at the same time.

6 comments:

Kitty said...

What a great idea! I'll work on setting a link up on my site for my favourite charity and get back to you when it is all working.

Mike Perry said...

Hi!
Sorry I mentioned America! Now amended in my post. What was I thinking. I have written out 100 times 'I must take more care'.

Best wishes,
Mike

Sueblimely said...

From Mike at Mikes Money Making Mission
"Hello!
A couple of things:
(1) Many thanks for joining my MyBlogLog community - much appreciated.
(2) I have written about your 'New Kind Of Link Love' on my blog post today - and have also done a link to my favourite charity at the moment. A good idea!
Best wishes,
Mike. "

Raymond Roy said...

Hi.

This is a wonderful idea. Good one!

I have set up a link to the American Red Cross for my local area.

Best regards.

Ray from Chess Strategies 101

Erica said...

My big thing is freedom of speech, so I've added two links to the ACLU :) I also added a link off my side bar to your blog ;)

Hisham_dt said...

Hey sue, that is an amazing Idea to do, but when it comes to me, I don't like to distract my user from my posts..