Thursday, March 15, 2007

Blog re-boot

This blog has a totally different look today after I devoted my time to its redesign - something it has needed for a while. As I blogged about different blog tools, widgets, bookmarking and submission sites I would add the code to this blog as an example. The page had to increasingly run off to other sites to obey the java script commands embedded in it.

Consequently, its page loading no longer sped down the digital highway but barely made it out of the slip road. As a web designer I know how vital it is to have quick page loading!

I was impelled to finish off my redesign after reading and participating in a forum on the Bloggst site. Part of my contribution read:
An easy reading site for me is one that has well formed language and design, that is clear and easy to navigate. .......A slow loading page deters me from returning ...


Instead of hosting examples all of the various blog tools on this page I will be creating separate linked pages for them. Please bare with me while I get these up and running as well as smoothing out some of the rough edges on this page.

Filed in: , ,

No comments:

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Blog re-boot

This blog has a totally different look today after I devoted my time to its redesign - something it has needed for a while. As I blogged about different blog tools, widgets, bookmarking and submission sites I would add the code to this blog as an example. The page had to increasingly run off to other sites to obey the java script commands embedded in it.

Consequently, its page loading no longer sped down the digital highway but barely made it out of the slip road. As a web designer I know how vital it is to have quick page loading!

I was impelled to finish off my redesign after reading and participating in a forum on the Bloggst site. Part of my contribution read:
An easy reading site for me is one that has well formed language and design, that is clear and easy to navigate. .......A slow loading page deters me from returning ...


Instead of hosting examples all of the various blog tools on this page I will be creating separate linked pages for them. Please bare with me while I get these up and running as well as smoothing out some of the rough edges on this page.

Filed in: , ,

No comments: