Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Ziki

I was completely distracted from my tasks at hand today: they got tucked up my sleeve for tommorrow unfortunately. I did another circumnavigation of the blogosphere instead, stopping off at quite a few places of interest. My first port of call was to MyBlogLog. Apart from offering some interesting reading, I cannot resist having a look at who has visited my profile and enjoy a measure of pleasure if I have been added as a contact.


Visiting the blogs of others who share my interests often reveals blogging tools and resources that I have not yet come across, today being no exception. For this reason, I am more likely to look at the side bar of a blog before reading any content. I also view any categories or tags, which indicate if the content will be relevant to me. (Note to self - move my tags higher up my page. Maybe others have the same viewing habits!!).



Having been enamored by MyBlogLog I was interested when coming across a reference to Ziki and joined up to see what was on offer. As with MyBlogLog you are not anonymous - you get yourself in the spotlight as well as your blog(s}. You can add various other web presences to Ziki too - podcasts, photos, videos, profiles (e.g. LinkedIn, MySpace). There is no feature (as yet?) to add anything more than a button to your site advertising your Ziki persona. I added other Ziki members to my Ziki reading and contact lists by searching for the keywords that members attach to their profile - you are tagging yourself rather than your content.


Another unique feature is that Ziki buys advertising campaigns on behalf of its members on Google, Yahoo and MSN. It is early days yet and membership numbers will no doubt climb, but so far the standard and type of content and membership suits my needs. I will continue using both MyWebLog and Ziki for now.




Filed in: , ,

No comments:

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Ziki

I was completely distracted from my tasks at hand today: they got tucked up my sleeve for tommorrow unfortunately. I did another circumnavigation of the blogosphere instead, stopping off at quite a few places of interest. My first port of call was to MyBlogLog. Apart from offering some interesting reading, I cannot resist having a look at who has visited my profile and enjoy a measure of pleasure if I have been added as a contact.


Visiting the blogs of others who share my interests often reveals blogging tools and resources that I have not yet come across, today being no exception. For this reason, I am more likely to look at the side bar of a blog before reading any content. I also view any categories or tags, which indicate if the content will be relevant to me. (Note to self - move my tags higher up my page. Maybe others have the same viewing habits!!).



Having been enamored by MyBlogLog I was interested when coming across a reference to Ziki and joined up to see what was on offer. As with MyBlogLog you are not anonymous - you get yourself in the spotlight as well as your blog(s}. You can add various other web presences to Ziki too - podcasts, photos, videos, profiles (e.g. LinkedIn, MySpace). There is no feature (as yet?) to add anything more than a button to your site advertising your Ziki persona. I added other Ziki members to my Ziki reading and contact lists by searching for the keywords that members attach to their profile - you are tagging yourself rather than your content.


Another unique feature is that Ziki buys advertising campaigns on behalf of its members on Google, Yahoo and MSN. It is early days yet and membership numbers will no doubt climb, but so far the standard and type of content and membership suits my needs. I will continue using both MyWebLog and Ziki for now.




Filed in: , ,

No comments: